4G is now available in Nepal with Ntc, Ncell. Soon, Smart telecom is also launching 4G in Nepal. In the first phase, it is available in major cities and soon extend to other areas. It seems people are excited for using 4G service in their mobile. But there is confusion in people to activate 4G and put 4G mode in their SIM and Phone. Here is the procedure for 4G activation, 4G mode in phone, 4G settings configuration.
How to activate 4G in Ncell and Ntc
- For Ncell, you do not need any activation. Changing SIM card is mandatory in Ncell. They have already upgrading the SIM for free. Visit Ncell Centers for the SIM up-gradation for 4G. All the new SIM card in Ncell are already 4G enabled. You need to dial some numbers for the free music offer (*324#)and buying some data packs (*123#).
- For Ntc, you need to dial *444# to activate 4G. If your SIM is not U-SIM, you will be notified of the sim change which is not free. Visit Ntc counters available in the major areas for the SIM upgrade.
Also read: Information about Ntc 4G.
How to put your phone in 4G mode.
- For Android phones, you need to go to settings -> Mobile networks -> Preferred Network Type or Network Mode. Then select either 4G preferred or Prefer LTE or LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Some handsets may have LTE only, do not select this LTE only.
- Some phones can also select the modes by dialing *#*#4636#*#* in android.
- For iOS phones, you need to go to Settings-> cellular , then select enable 4G or there may be cellular data options and go to Voice and Data. Then select LTE which is LTE preferred mode.
Also read the posts below:
How to configure your phone for 4G internet in Ntc and Ncell
- To configure your phone for 4G, you need to put the same APN as that of 2G GPRS, EDGE and 3G. In case of Ncell internet, you need to put the APN as following: Go to Settings-> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Name and configure settings as:
- Name: Ncell
- APN name: web
- Leave all as it as, Save, make it default.
- To configure your phone for 4G internet in Ntc, you need to configure handsets as per the following APN.
- Name: Ntc
- APN name: Ntnet
- Leave all as it as, Save and make it default.
Sometimes you may need to delete all other APN. So in case it didn’t work, delete all others and restart.
Hope you have liked all the information in one place. Did you activate 4G in your phone?