Nepal Telecom is known to upgrade their ADSL service to the new billing system. This is according to their policy to bring all of their services to one billing system: Convergence billing system. That means all Ntc services to have single billing system. They have even published a notice to their subscribers for the upgrade and be aware of possible problem.
Ntc will perform the upgrade work on Saturday Night of Baishak 9, 2074 B.S., after 11 pm. Previously Ntc had already upgraded wireless services like GSM, CDMA to this billing system. They published similar kind of notice, that time as well.
Ntc has assured the ADSL customers to reduce the problem as less as possible. After the upgrade of billing system, Ntc tells its customer of closure of ADSL counters for bill payment and new subscription on Baishak 9th and 10th.
Here is the NT ADSL upgrade notice published in Kantipur daily.
ADSL in brief:
ADSL stands for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber line. With this technology, same copper wire to the subscribers home for landline is used for high speed internet. Ntc introduced ADSL on Baishak 17, 2065. That time, it was an internet revolution in Nepal. The speed of 128 Kbps to 512 kbps was a dream come true to many of us that time. Although they have increased the speed to some extent, that speed does not meet the subscribers demand for broadband at home.
There has been a huge demand of ADSL in some places. But there is a limitation to what extent the service could be provided. It is due to wired service having the limitation to run the wire from NT office to subscribers home up to 4 to 5 Kilometers.
There are altogether 1.83 lakh ADSL users throughout the country. We have been hearing complains from the customers regarding the low speed and limited packages. We can hope better services and internet speed from ADSL with this upgrade.
Tell us about your expectations with the ADSL service after billing upgrade.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats