As per the recommendations from the internet price revision committee, ISPs agreed to revoke the previous price hike. The internet price hike happened as a result of the government imposing a 13 % TSC charge for the Internet price from the 2075/76 fiscal year. Although Government revokes the home internet price to the previous price, the mobile data internet price will remain as it is.
The internet price in both home internet and cellular (mobile) data internet increased by more than 13 % as a result of the implementation of the additional 13 % TSC. Telcos and ISPs implement the increased internet price in Shrawan 1, 2075. Following the agreement between the revision committee and ISPAN, the price hike was revoked on Shrawan 10, 2075. Read more for the info here.
The agreement does not say anything regarding the cellular (mobile) data internet. So, as known, the recent increment mobile data internet tariff will remain the same. Fixed broadband internet counts for 20 percent of the total users whereas Mobile broadband internet counts for 80 %. So, the recent price revoke is only advantageous to a limited number of customers. But the price of the major chunk of the internet penetration still remains increased. According to our latest survey for mobile data usage in Nepal, 40.5 percent of people use mobile internet (like 2G, 3G, 4G) in their home too. For more info, read here.
Mobile data internet or cellular internet is based on cellular technologies like 2G, 3G, and 4G.
Home internet packages in different technologies like FTTH (Fiber), cable internet will be of the same price as before. The price revoke will also happen for one of the popular internet solution: ADSL from Nepal Telecom (NTC). But the price of data packs for the telecom operator like Ntc, Ncell, and Smart cell will remain increased. The telecom operator revised its data packages after the implementation of 13 % TSC.
- Nepal Telecom to provide 30 days free internet trial service via fiber for voice users
- realme C53 New 6/128GB Variant Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million