Mobile Data traffic in Nepal will increase 2.2 times by 2028. The launch and growth of 5G, video content, and mobile gaming will accelerate mobile data traffic in the next 6 years, GSMA says in its Mobile Economy Report 2023.
The same list also includes Bhutan, and India together whose monthly data traffic per smartphone is estimated to increase from 25 GB per month in 2022 to 54 GB per month in 2028, GSMA predicts.
|Nepal, Bhutan, and India’s monthly smartphone data traffic in 2022|
|Nepal, Bhutan, and India’s predicted monthly smartphone data traffic in 2028|
|Predicted to increase by|
|25 GB per month per smartphone||54 GB per month per smartphone||2.2x|
According to the same report, Southeast Asia and Oceania will see the highest, 4.3 times increase in data traffic, in the next 6 years. The region’s average per month of 12.5 GB of data traffic per smartphone will inflate to 24 GB per month in 2028. In terms of the highest data traffic, North America, and Northeast Asia, will see the monthly data traffic increase to 55 GB in 2028. At the same time, Sub-Saharan Africa will record the slimmest growth at 18 GB per month during the same period.
Nepal’s monthly mobile data traffic comparison with the world
It’s noticeable how Nepal’s data traffic per smartphone a month compares to others. The per month data traffic of 17.4 GB in North America in 2022. It is lesser than the 25 GB data of Nepal, India, and Bhutan. In fact, it is one of the highest data traffic recorded around the world states. Western Europe’s per-month smartphone monthly data traffic stands at a humble 19 GB. We might have thought that more affluent nations draw more data traffic however, the report suggests otherwise.
Anyway, the report does indicate that 5G and the increase in use cases of video streaming and online gaming will spurn the data growth in the next six years. 70 percent of all mobile data traffic will come from video traffic which will rise to 80 percent in 2028. Don’t miss: Nepal Ranks 10th in the World for Cheapest Per 1 GB Data Cost
5G will be a key player in raising mobile data traffic. GSMA writes that 5G subscribers are more likely to add services and content to their mobile contracts than 4G users.
How much of your internet consumption comes from using mobile data? If you want to find out all details about buying data packs, find the links below:
- Latest NTC Data Pack with Price, Code, Volume, & Validity
- Latest Ncell Data Packs With Volume, Price, and Code
- Smart Cell SIM Offer, Data, Voice Tariffs & More
There are over 2.75 crore mobile internet users in Nepal out of which over 1.84 crores are 4G users while around 89 lakhs use 3G internet.
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs
- How to watch the Asia Cup 2023 live in Nepal? Also find fixtures, squad, venue, and more
- Ncell CEO Jabbor Kayumov calls on the youth to be passionate and dream big
- WorldLink wins “Organizational Sales Excellence Award 2023”
- Apple starts iPhone 15 production in India
- Future iPhones and Apple Watch will analyze respiratory health