Government (Ministry of Communication and Information Technology) has called for the application of the Vacant NTA chairman post. MoCIT has given time till Ashad 9 to the interested candidates for the submission of the application for NTA chairman.
The top position of the regulator for telecommunication in Nepal has been vacant from some months after the resignation of Digambar Jha. Although he assumed the post from open competition, there was huge dissatisfaction within the ruling party, Nepal Communist Party, which could be the reason for his resignation.
After his resignation, MoCIT gave full authority to Senior Director Mr. Purushottam Khanal to function as an acting Chairman.
Qualifications and experience
Any Nepali nationals of age 30 to 65 and 10 years of experience in the telecom sector with following detailed qualifications and experience can apply for the post.
- A Nepalese national
- Age from 30 to 65 years
- Education qualifications: Bachelors in technology or administration or Marketing or Finance and Audit or Legal sector related to the telecommunication field.
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience in the respective field and assumed First grade or tenth above and above post in Government service or public enterprise or regulatory or board or committee or departments or public companies.
- No legal charge to be unfit for the position
Documents to submit
The applicants should submit the following documents for the application.
- Nepalese nationality identification copy
- Personal Resume
- Applicant’s Educational qualification copy
- Copy for Experience letter
- Commercial work plan ( not more than 5 pages A4 size)
- Recent PP size photo- 2
- Any permanent residency abroad
The applicants need to publicly notarise the educational qualifications and work experience. The applications need to be submitted to the Corporation coordination section, MOIC, Singhadurbar.
MoCIT will evaluate all of the applications and recommend three names to the Cabinet for the final decision. Although the open competition process has started, rumors say the acting chairman will be appointed the Full chairman now. We hope the rumors are baseless and the competition will be fair for the appointment of the competent person in the top position of the regulator.
- Nepal Telecom to provide 30 days free internet trial service via fiber for voice users
- realme C53 New 6/128GB Variant Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million