Traffic police will now accept driving licenses digitally stored on the Nagarik app. In a notice released today, (Monday, October 30), the government app handle on Facebook announced that the app users can now show their digital driving license on the government app just like their physical document. It also requested the users to link their driver’s license to the app to get the benefit. However, there’s a catch that you must be fully aware of. Let’s find out in detail.
With this development, the driving license on the Nagarik App will get the same treatment as the original one. Prior to this, the government was heavily criticized for not recognizing the electronic copy of the driving license on the Nagarik App. Many even went on to question the government’s idea of digital transformation with “contradictory practices”.
The issue was also raised during the parliamentary discussions. However, the latest move would delight all the vehicle owners who were waiting for this decision by the government. But it must also be learned that the digital driving license copy will be accepted only for the identification of the drivers/riders.
Traffic police across Nepal will accept driving licenses on the Nagarik App
Nagarik App has informed that the driving license on the Nagarik App will get recognition from the traffic police across Nepal. That means if you ever happen to forget your driving license, you can show the same document on your Nagarik App for your verification. So, during the regular checking, you can resort to the digital version of your driving permit as an option.
Likewise, the Nagarik App has requested its users to link their driving licenses to receive this benefit. “If your driver’s license is not linked in the Citizen app, please link it today,” the app said in its notice. Check out: How To Apply Online For Driving License in Nepal
How to link driving license in Nagarik App?
Here are the steps to link or add your driving license in Nagarik App.
- Update your Nagarik App if it’s on your mobile phone or download and launch it.
- Tap on the “Driving License” which you can find on the app’s home page.
- An interface opens asking you to enter your driving license number.
- Enter your DL Number and tap on “Submit”.
- You can find your driving license number below the emblem of the Nepal government.
- If the number is correct, the app will show the digital copy of your driving license on the next screen.
- Now, you have successfully linked your driving license in Nagarik App.
What is the DL number in driving license in Nepal?
DL number means driving license number where D and L stand for Driving and License respectively.
Now, there’s a catch!
But if you were already too excited, you may want to learn it all in detail. The driving license on the Nagarik App won’t come in handy in all situations. The app’s notice had many almost believe that vehicle owners could show their driving permits on the app in all conditions and the original license could have been left at home. But making things clear, Metropolitan Traffic Police Division, Kathmandu has released a statement. The driving license on the Nagarik App is only to be used, it said, to just ensure whether the driver is licensed or not. However, during the traffic rule violation and prosecution process, the original driver’s license will be required. This could subdue the earlier joy many held but something is better than nothing.
The news should still delight all vehicle owners around the country. Because, if you ever forget your original copy of your driving license, you can always count on your Nagarik app to validate your legitimacy as a driver. Besides, it also brings a peace of mind. The government rightly deserves credit for making this happen. But make sure that you don’t violate any traffic rules or you will have to produce your original driving license. Don’t miss: National ID Card Benefits, Process to Apply | All The FAQs
Do you think that the government deserves its praise for making the driver’s license on the Nagarik App useful? Or do you think that the government slipped here by not rolling out the service in full effect? Don’t forget to offer your feedback on this topic in our comment section below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats