Nepal Telecom and Huawei have signed a contract for 4.8 Million GSM lines including 3G+ (LTE) data services. The project is worth about 7 billion Nepali Rupees. Nepal Telecom’s MD Amar Nath Singh and Huawei’s Commercial Manager Liyan Chi-Chang have inked the deal. It’s been more than six months when Nepal Telecom had floated a global tender for 10 Million GSM lines, separated in 4.8 M and 5.2 M lines. For the tender, ZTE and Huawei were selected for further discussions and negotiations. NT had months of discussion with the vendor after passing hurdles from the Finance Committee in CA, and CIAA (Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority).
With this, Nepal Telecom will be swapping the existing ZTE system in Central Development Region (Kathmandu) and Western Development Region(WDR) with the Huawei System. It will have more no of lines and additional high-speed internet services of 3G and 3G+ LTE Service (45 % 2G GSM lines and 55% 3G, 3G+ LTE lines). Though various operators in foreign countries call LTE service as 4G just for marketing purposes, we will have to wait and see what will they call for the fast LTE service in Nepal. Nepal Telecom is confident of the new project to cater to the cost-effective and quality service demand in the market.
As per THT, NT is also going to sign a contract with ZTE for the 5.2 Million lines, the leftover of the 10 M Project. “Soon we are going to discuss with ZTE to do a pact for the remaining 5.2 million lines,” says Nepal Telecom’s MD Amar Nath Singh. Being the lowest bidder for the 5.2 million lines, let’s see when ZTE gets the contract and the real implementation starts.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs