After being launched in the Far West and Mid-West region last week, WiMax- a high-speed Internet technology is going to be launched for home users within the second week of March. Though WiMAX is launched for Corporate offices in November, Nepal Telecom was not able to deliver the service to individual/ home users and so the no of customers was not that significant. But now it is known that Nepal Telecom is ready to provide WiMAX to home users. As the old billing system of ADSL (they call it IBS) is made ready to provision WiMAX in it and a surplus amount of dongles made available through outsourcing/bundling, NT is going to launch in the second week of March.
NT has three types of such dongles- USB dongle, Indoor CPE and Outdoor CPE, of which the least one USB dongle costs around Rs 5000. Till now, Volume based packages are made public in which the least one of 5 GB volume costs around Rs 650, for other packages, see here.
Now Nepal Telecom has WiMAX coverage in all major parts of the country- Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan, Bhairahwa, Biratnagar, Dhangadi, and Nepalgunj and they are also extending WiMAX to almost all parts of the country, including the rural areas.
See more posts about WiMAX.
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones
- Buy second-hand phones on “Daraz Like New” | Features, phones, and best deals