Government plans to make online taxi booking and metering mandatory
Government of Nepal has planned to make online taxi booking mandatory for all the taxis. As Government set to register all of the public transport including taxi as a company, they plan to regulate the taxi ride by implementing online booking and on meters strictly.
There are few applications or system for the online taxi booking here in Nepal. But most of them are running without such system. People are constantly complaining of the taxis to charge more and without the meters.
According to director of Department of Transportation Management, all of the taxi business shall compulsorily implement online service booking. They have made the plan so as to provide easy service and consistent taxi fares for the public.
They will also ask the taxi operators to write Taxi logo in yellow color for all. That will help people to identify the taxi easily. The taxi fares by meters and billing will also be made strict, according to the department.
The department will held a discussion with the taxi committees to remove the hurdles and set a date for the launch of online booking.
Current apps for taxi booking
Lately, there are some applications like Sarathi cab, Eddy Cab and Onver which provide easy online taxi booking. Also Read: Best Taxi booking and ride sharing apps. As the taxis connected to such applications are limit in number, it is still difficult to get the taxi when required. Hope the mandatory implementation of online taxi booking will change the the existing environment for Taxi ride and business.
- CIB operation for illegal VoIP call bypass, arrest two Indian Nationals
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable