Government of Nepal has planned to make online taxi booking mandatory for all the taxis. As Government set to register all of the public transport including taxi as a company, they plan to regulate the taxi ride by implementing online booking and on meters strictly.
There are few applications or system for the online taxi booking here in Nepal. But most of them are running without such system. People are constantly complaining of the taxis to charge more and without the meters.
According to director of Department of Transportation Management, all of the taxi business shall compulsorily implement online service booking. They have made the plan so as to provide easy service and consistent taxi fares for the public.
They will also ask the taxi operators to write Taxi logo in yellow color for all. That will help people to identify the taxi easily. The taxi fares by meters and billing will also be made strict, according to the department.
The department will held a discussion with the taxi committees to remove the hurdles and set a date for the launch of online booking.
Current apps for taxi booking
Lately, there are some applications like Sarathi cab, Eddy Cab and Onver which provide easy online taxi booking. Also Read: Best Taxi booking and ride sharing apps. As the taxis connected to such applications are limit in number, it is still difficult to get the taxi when required. Hope the mandatory implementation of online taxi booking will change the the existing environment for Taxi ride and business.
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale