Xiaomi has officially unveiled the Mi 9 smartphone, after 8 months of Mi 8 launch. Xiaomi has upgraded the hardware for the new flagship phone along with the better design & looks. Mi 9 is the first smartphone that is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 processor. It is also Xiaomi’s first phone to have a triple rear camera. Mi 9 also supports fast wireless charging. Find more specs and details below.
Snapdragon 855 processor makes the phone faster and powers efficient with the 7 nm fabrication process. First, let’s start with what they have in the front. Xiaomi Mi 9 has a 6.39 inches Super AMOLED FHD+ screen (from Samsung) with smaller waterdrop notch. The notch makes room for a selfie snapper of 20 MP with HDR. Due to the small notch and small chin below, Xiaomi claims to have a 90.7% screen to body ratio. The screen also has better reading and better brightness capability. Gorilla Glass 6 guards the phone’s screen with better durability and protection from drops.
As the phone includes Under display (in the display) fingerprint sensor, there is no fingerprint scanner on the phone. Nor the Mi 9 has the 3.5 mm Audio jack which was already removed from Mi 8 itself.
Regarding the camera, Mi 9 sports the AI triple rear camera with main 48 MP (IMX586 sensor), f/1.75 sensor, 16 MP wide-angle (117-degree view) lens (IMX481), and 12 MP telephoto lens (S5K3M5). The camera holds an overall score of 107 from DxOMark.
The phone includes wireless charging up to 20 W, which is known to be fast while keeping the same battery of 3300 mAH as Mi 8. The phone also includes a dark mode to support power saving. Always on Display will also have different colors customization.
Mi 9 has an all curved back cover, making it comfortable to hold for long. The back of the Mi 9 has an elegant gradient pattern with different reflection & looks as per the lighting condition.
- Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor, 7 nm
- 6.39 inch Super AMOLED screen, FHD+, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Adreno 640 Graphics processor
- Screen protection by Gorilla Glass 6
- MIUI 10 over Android 9
- Triple rear camera: Main sensor of 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, Ultrawide 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 1.0µm, and Telephoto 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.0µm
- Front camera: 20 MP AI, f/2.0 0.9µm with HDR
- Nonremovable 3300 mAH battery
- Dual Nano SIM
- Fast wireless charging up to 20W
- Fast USB C charging up to 27 W
- Antenna: 4X4 MIMO and MU-MIMO support
- Dual 4G VoLTE
- In display fingerprint scanner
- Base: 6 GB/128 GB to 8 GB/128 GB and 12 GB RAM/256 GB storage variant
- Color: Violet, blue, black and transparent
The base variant of Mi 9 (6GB RAM and 128 GB storage) costs 2999 RMB ($455) while the 8GB /128 GB Mi 9 costs 3299 RMB. Similarly, the transparent version of Mi 9 having 12 GB and 256 GB costs 3999 RMB. The phone will be available first in China and then available later in UK, other western region for Global launch.
Xiaomi has also launched Mi 9 SE with 5.97 AMOLED screen. It is also the first phone with Snapdragon 712 processor. Mi 9 SE has 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB storage with a price tag of 1999 RMB.
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones