Nepal Telecom (NTC) has brought its popular voice calling feature VoLTE to OPPO devices. This feature would now allow certain OPPO smartphone owners to enjoy high-quality call services over the 4G network. For now, the feature comes to a few select devices and will expand to more in the coming weeks. Find more in detail below.
NTC has finally added VoLTE support to two OPPO smartphones. The much talked next-gen voice call service has landed to OPPO F19, OPPO A16. The service requires the phone manufacturer to roll out a software patch and activation by NTC. Then the user must activate it manually on their handset to enjoy the next-level voice calls on their mobile phones.
Why Does VoLTE Matter?
VoLTE brings clear voice calls and removes a particular 4G shortcoming. The VoLTE service was launched by NTC on the occasion of World Telecommunications and Information Society Day May 17, 2021. This is the first time a telco has launched the service in Nepal. VoLTE is a 4G based voice calls feature available to only 4G devices.
VoLTE, or Voice over LTE is the next-gen voice call service that offers clear voice calls with minimal background noise. The most important feature of this is that the users can browse the internet while on a call together. Traditionally, whenever a phone user made a call, the network would fall back to either 3G or 2G. However, with VoLTE enabled, the network stays on 4G and lets the user enjoy both calls and broadband simultaneously.
Also read: Top features of VoLTE Service
Requirements To Enjoy NTC’s VoLTE
- Make sure your device is 4G compatible
- Update it to the latest OS available on your device
- Activate VoLTE on your phone by dialing *444# and then selecting 2
- Now go to your phone’s Mobile, Network settings and check VoLTE to activate this on your phone
- To confirm that VoLTE is working, there would show an HD/VoLTE icon in the notification bar on your phone
- To perform NTC’s VoLTE calls, you must have activated VoLTE on your device
- Do remember that your SIM card must also have the 4G support for VoLTE to activate
NTC has a promotional package on VoLTE. Those who activate the service for the first time can dial *111# or Dial 1444 to receive 100 minutes of Free VoLTE calls valid for 28 days. There are no additional costs to enjoy the VoLTE feature. The service is available in all areas where 4G is accessible.
NTC’s VoLTe is still in its beginning and the telco is coordinating with phone manufacturers to diversify its range of VoLTE compatible devices. So far, some handsets from Samsung, Xiaomi, iPhone, Nokia, and etc. have received the feature. NTC will add more devices in the coming months as it seeks to trial its 5G service among the customers, after the approval from NTA.
Do you carry the same OPPO phones which have received VoLTE support? If yes, do share with others how the performance has been.
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats
- Honor 100 Pro With SD 8 Gen 2 SoC Launched Officially