MIUI 13 is finally launched for global users with devices such as Redmi Note 11s, Redmi Note 11 Pro, Redmi Note 11 running on it. Meanwhile, devices such as Xiaomi 12 series have already been running on it for a while. But now, the company has announced a global rollout for many of its handsets for the Q1 for its next-gen Android skin that you will explore below. The MIUI 13 brings a performance boost, new security features, customizations, and support for Mi Pad. The key highlights of MIUI 13 include:
- Significant performance improvement over MIUI 12.5
- A new set of privacy features including face verification, watermarking, etc
- MiSans system font, fresh home screen, widgets among other customizations
- Support for large screen handheld devices including Mi PAD
With this global launch, millions of Xiaomi’s handsets will relish a revamped MIUI experience on their devices. Before we get to the devices that will receive this skin in Q1, let’s get to know what’s in this latest Android skin treat for its customers. Here, we will take a glance at new features that are arriving on your Xiaomi devices in the coming months.
Table of contents
MIUI 13 Major highlights:
Here are the major highlights of MIUI 13.
1. Performance Boost
MIUI 13 will bring a significant performance booth over its predecessor. Xiaomi claims it will achieve app fluency with 15% fewer drop frames in third-party apps and 23% fewer drop frames in native apps over the previous skin MIUI 12.5. Moreover, MIUI is rated best in Master Lu’s fluency test beating Android skins of other smartphone OEMs.
For the lover of multi-tasks, MIUI 13 is a solid upgrade. Xiaomi says, its latest Android OS allows up to 14 apps running in the background on a flagship device laden with resources.
2. More Security Features
Security and privacy features are key elements of any Android OS and it’s no exception here. MIUI 13 has added many features that will ensure their users are well guarded by the phone maker’s system.
MIUI 13 has new privacy features such as face verification protection, watermarking, and electronic fraud protection. The watermarking probably lets you stamp your digital watermark on images or documents to prevent misuse. Electronic fraud will aware users of dodgy websites that may contain malware. Besides, it also comes with a feature that saves mobile numbers as sinister and will inform the user when he receives such calls.
3. MiSans Font, Widgets, and Wallpapers
MIUI 13 brings a new system font in MiSans to render a fresh look across supported devices. The font simplifies signs, numbers, and letters and can adjust the height of hyphens to uppercase and lowercase. You can download the font for free when the OS is available to your device.
MIUI 13 also includes widgets like “Super Countdown Day” and “Water Measuring Cup” that resemble an iOS 15 like experience. You can add these widgets to your smartphone home screen in varying sizes. Additionally, the skin comes with 43 static and other new live wallpapers. Xiaomi says it captured the latest live wallpapers using a polarization microscope via 8K time-lapse photography.
While the wallpapers will come with the next OS update, you can already download them and set them up on your phones. Xda has extracted the wallpapers and you can get them from this link.
4. MIUI 13 Support for Mi Pad
Another key highlight of MIUI 13 has been its support for Mi Pad. Aka MIUI 13 Pad, brings features such as app optimization, shortcut to quickly switch between full screen and windowed modes, global taskbar with drag and drop support, multi-tasking, window scaling, etc.
Meanwhile, Xiaomi has brought a fresh update for its host of products including smartwatches, smart home devices, and smart TVs. Xiaomi says it will allow for a “seamless and natural flow of content between devices.”
MIUI 13 Roll-Out Schedule
The MIUI 13 will roll out to 21 devices in phases. The first batch of devices to receive Xiaomi’s latest skin treat is Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12 Pro, and the Xiaomi 12X. Other flagship and midrange will also follow in later months. But they will receive the OS update in phases from Q1 of 2022.
These are the first batch to receive MIUI 13 updates.
- Mi-series – Mi 11, Mi 11 Lite, Mi 11 Lite 5G, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, Mi 11X Pro, and Mi 11X
- Xiaomi-series – Xiaomi 11T Pro, Xiaomi 11T, Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE and Xiaomi 11 Lite NE
- Tablet-series – Xiaomi Pad 5
- Redmi-series – Redmi 10, Redmi 10 Prime,
- Redmi Note-series – Redmi Note 8 (2021), Redmi Note 10/ 10 Pro/10 Pro Max, and Redmi Note 10 JE
Are you a fan of MIUI skin? Do share with us what you like most about it in the comments below.
- rSIM Tech That Keeps a Backup of a SIM in Your SIM Card
- Samsung One UI 6.1 Brings Galaxy AI to More Galaxy Devices
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price