Nepal Telecom’s VoLTE is now available on iPhones. Initially, the service was not compatible with Apple devices when Ntc Volte launched back on May 17.
Although few Ntc users had VoLTE working on their iPhones, they witnessed an SMS issue while being on VoLTE.
NTC had reached out to Apple’s CEO Tim Cook via mail asking to resolve the issue. The CEO had forwarded this to a team of experts in response.
Thanks to the direct intervention of the Apple CEO, the resolution has arrived earlier than expected. Dilliram Adhikari, The Managing Director of NTC took to Twitter and announced VoLTE support on iPhones.
The state-owned Nepal Telecom launched VoLTE back in May with support for select handsets. Now the company is coordinating with phone makers, NTA, and other stakeholders to avail the high-quality Voice over LTE features to the maximum of NTC users.
Before the launch of VoLTE, NTC allowed only data over the fourth-gen network and while making calls, the network would fall back to either 3G or 2G. Now, with the launch of VoLTE, users can perform the next-gen voice calls on 4G without fall back to 3G or 2G.
Prerequisites for your iPhone
Before going for activation, please note that your iPhone model should be above iPhone 6. So all the Apple phones from iPhone 6 to iPhone 12 series support the Ntc Volte service.
Similarly, you need to make sure that you have the latest iOS version on your phone. If not, then do update it to the latest one.
- Check if your phone is above iPhone 6.
- Update your iPhone to the latest iOS.
- Put your phone in 4G/LTE mode.
How To Activate VoLTE on iPhones?
- To activate NTC’s VoLTE on iPhones, just dial *444# and enter 2.
- Then click on ‘VoLTE calls’ on your call setting. Go to Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular data options -> Voice & Data -> Select LTE Mode and then turn VoLTE on.
- Now call 1444 IVR to get free Volte calls for the first time only. If you can proceed with this, then confirms that your iPhone is fully capable of VoLTE service.
As with other devices, dialing *111# or calling 1444 will enable 100 minutes of free voice calls to the users as part of VoLTE promotion. To check the remaining minutes of your free Volte calls, you need to dial *1415*55# which will show the available resources of the packages on your mobile.
Besides, there are other pre-requisites your iPhones must meet as discussed above. The device must be 4G enabled which is likely for most of them and put on 4G mode with a 4G supported NTC SIM.
To have a better experience in VoLTE calls, both the caller and the receiver must be on VoLTE.
Check out: Why Ntc VoLTE is not activated on my phone?
Have you activated NTC’ VoLTE on your iPhone or other devices? What improvements have you witnessed on VoLTE calls compared to regular voice calls? Share your experiences in the comments section below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats