Nepal Telecom- the state owned incumbent operator of Nepal, is currently working on convergence billing system that allows the customers to pay bill of different services through single point and even use single recharge card for all the services.
Asia-Info Linkage- a telecom software solution provider in Asia has already implemented the billing system for CDMA post paid and pre-paid customers. There was some problem with CDMA customers during the migration of CDMA subscribers (Sky ruim, CDMA Fixed phone, EVDO Skypro) from the old billing system to the Veris Billing system (Convergence Billing) but now that the system is nearly stable for CDMA, they are working on the migration for other NT services too. After some testing with the GSM system, Nepal Telecom will also be using the convergence billing for GSM system. According to Asia-Info Linkage, after the necessary preparation they will be migrating the current GSM customers to the convergent billing system. In the first phase, only pre paid GSM customers will be billed through the system and then only Post paid GSM customers in the second phase followed by PSTN, ADSL, WiMAX and other services too.
NT awarded Asia-Info Linkage the project to provide convergent real time billing and customer relationship management software across all of its services. After the implementation, all NTC customers won’t have to go different counters for different services and they will be able to use single recharge card for any of Nepal Telecom’s services. Plus Nepal Telecom can provide various beneficial packages to their all customers.
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones