Nepal Telecom has brought a new offer for its EVDO service- 3G CDMA technology which is branded as SKY PRO: Fastest Internet so far in Nepal. With the new offer, the customer will be getting 5 GB data package for Rs 2459 (inclusive of tax)plus free EVDO dongle with 1 GB Memory card that can be expandable with SD card up to 32 Gb and Rs 100 free talk time.
Currently, the 5 GB data package is told to be valid for a month which will be increased to 3 months shortly. Till now, Nepal Telecom’s EVDO is available in all metro cities, growing cities, major highways, almost all district headquarters, and the coverage is being extended to all parts of the country.
EVDO is a CDMA based 3G technology that can provide wireless broadband internet up to 3.1 Mbps downlink and 1.8 Mbps uplink with Rev A version whereas old version Rel 0 provides 2.4 Mbps downlink and 153 Kbps uplink.
As EVDO Rel 0 has significantly slower uplink speeds as compared to EVDO Rev A, customers having USB dongle of Rel 0 EVDO are getting the lower uplink speed and they complain about the network problem but it’s actually due to the EVDO version that the dongle is compatible with. So, for the people who are going to get an EVDO USB dongle, make sure it supports EVDO Rev A for better download and upload speeds.
- FonePay and NIPL launch Cross Border QR payment between Nepal and India
- Samsung ready to launch 5G technology in Nepal
- MediaTek develops the world’s first 3nm smartphone chipset
- Ncell users can call the suicide prevention helpline at 1166 for fee
- realme 11x 5G Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs
- Cross-Border Payment Between Nepal and India Commences
- Nepal Telecom begins fiber internet in 4 hilly districts