Nepal Telecom, the pioneering telecom operator has regained its top position in voice. According to the Latest NTA report, NT surpassed Ncell in subscriber numbers for the month of Falgun, though the percentage of both the operators is found the same of 46 percent. As the majority of the subscription is from the mobile, the figure is actually based on the no of distributed SIM cards. Ncell has around 12,157 thousands subscribers solely based on the GSM technology where as NT’s subscribers stand at 12,183 thousands for GSM, CDMA, PSTN, WLL.
From some years, Ncell has been claiming the top spot based on the no of subscription. The no of active subscribers are pretty low compared to the distributed ones. The active subscribers for Ncell also seemed to be lower than that of NT. Since NTA’s report is based on the subscription data but not on the active subscribers, it is advantageous to the largest private operator. NT was already the leader in market share in data/Internet with 57 percent market compare to that of Ncell’s 40 percent. Similarly for data, Ncell is only based on the GPRS/3G subscription whereas for NT, the number is that of GPRS/3G, ADSL, WiMAX, CDMA/EVDO.
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption