It was in Ashoj 6 last year that Ntc, (the government owned telecom company) got a new MD (Managing Director) from open competition for the first time. It is also the first time that the company is led by a female Engineer. After running the company for a year, Ntc MD Mrs. Kamini Raj Bhandari organized a press meet to express the achievements of the company for that year. By no of customers, Ntc added 26 lakhs customers in a year. So, in total, Ntc serves 17 million customers in all of their services ranging from landline to wireless GSM, CDMA phone to ADSL to WiMAX. Ntc also manages to make 15 Arab net profit, by reducing the operating costs in the last year, according to Ntc MD report.
The one year report of Ntc MD includes the achievements in different sectors like Service distribution, Financial outcomes, new technology and service expansion in different projects.
Ntc MD report for the year
The main points of her written speech including the last year report are:
- Ntc customer base grows by 17.23 percent to 17.6 million ( 1 crore and 76 lakhs).
- Ntc Data/ Internet users increases by 10.76 percent to 84 lakhs.
- They increase their revenue by 1.45 percent to 44 Arab and 83 karodh NRs.
- Ntc decreases the operating cost to reach 15 Arab and 1 karodh Net profit.
- They have already started the migration of traditional TDM exchanges to IP based exchanges for more enhanced, data oriented services in the future. Nearly 2 lakhs PSTN lines have already been migrated to the IP technology.
- Ntc starts the 4G LTE service for the first time in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Which increases the data consumption by 70 percent in those areas.
- Ntc expands the basic mobile (2G) coverage and 3G coverage to more remote areas in the country, which were completely out of reach to any telecom services.
- They established ICT centers in some of the earthquake affected areas using data technologies like WiMAX, CDMA EVDO and WCDMA.
- Ntc establishes IMU (Integrated maintenance Unit) in 16 different areas for uninterrupted and good quality service.
- Ntc distributes free SIM card to the flood affected people in Terai areas.
- As a corporate social responsibility (CSR), Ntc is free providing free access to their websites and all Nepal government websites ( in the domain .gov.np) to support for e-governance.
These are just the main points of the achievement in Ntc MD speech. Other points also includes some HR managerial works like employees growth, CBA elections, Performance contract to high level officials.
Please feedback about Ntc MD achievement in this year, in the following comment section.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats