NTC (Nepal Telecom, also called NT) has launched internet services in 55 different areas of the Earthquake affected districts. This data is as of Kartik 14. The operation of NTC free internet service is possible with the use of technologies like WiMAX, CDMA EVDO, and 3G. Those areas include 12 in Sindhupalchowk, 26 in Nuwakot, 8 in Kavrepalanchowk, 9 in Rasuwa districts.
Till now, Ntc connects 5 municipalities, 5 VDCs, 3 Ward offices, 15 health posts and 27 Schools to the internet.
There are altogether 30 WiMAX Base station tower, 15 3G Base station tower and 10 EVDO towers, erected and operated by Ntc in the areas for Ntc free internet.
In the four Earthquake affected districts, Ntc selected municipalities, Village offices, Schools, Health posts to include service points for internet through suitable services like WiMAX, CDMA or 3G.
What is the data speed of NTC free internet service in earthquake-affected areas?
The customers in the areas could use at least 512 kbps of the unlimited internet from Ntc, which is free for 2 years.
Ntc is also working on to provide such internet service to more of such remote Earthquake affected areas. This is being done as per the agreement with NTA (Nepal Telecommunication Authority) on Baishak 21, 2074. That time, Ntc agreed to provide free internet service in those Earthquake affected areas.
What do you think of Ntc free internet service in earthquake-affected areas? Please feedback below.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license