Honor 10 launched with AI Dual Camera and Face Recognition
The Chinese smartphone giant Huawei launches Honor 10 in the international market at an event in London on 15th May. Honor 10 was first launched in China last month and is now available globally. The phone is a flagship of Huawei’s sub-brand Honor which has gain lot of popularity among low priced flagship phones. The new Honor 10 presents the same design philosophy as the P20 Pro: notch on the front, stunning blue-purple color on the back.
Honor 10 comes with the display of 5.84 inches with a 19:9 aspect ratio, making this a quite compact device by modern flagship standards. The phone equips LCD rather than OLED though the resolution is still a satisfyingly solid 2280 x 1080 at 432ppi density. Huawei has added several AI 2.0 features in the phone form beautification and face recognition, to UX features in its EMUI 8.1.
The Honor 10 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor and it packs 6GB of RAM. The phone comes with 128GB of internal storage which is not expandable. This may be the comedown for many customers who keep a lot of movies and photos on their device. But 128GB is fair enough for loads of contents. The processor used in the phone is Huawei’s home-brewed Kirin 970 which has even been used in flagship P20 Pro.
In the camera department, Honor 10 sports 16-megapixel main sensor and a 24-megapixel monochrome sensor working in unity. Both have lenses with a f/1.8 aperture. In the front, the phone has a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The battery is also large for the screen size, appearing in at 3,400mAh. This phone even has a couple of nice comms that most flagships now neglect: a headphone jack and an IR blaster.
- Display:5.84-inch LCD Display
- Resolution: 2280 x 1080 pixels FHD+, 18:9 ratio (432 ppi density)
- Processor: Hisilicon Kirin 970 1.8GHz octa-core
- Rear Camera: Dual : 16 MP (f/1.8) + 24 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Front Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0
- RAM: 6GB
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Storage: 128 GB
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
- Connectivity: WLAN, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, Radio, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Price and Availability
Since the phone hasn’t been available in Nepali market we can’t be sure about the price in Nepal. Honor 10 price in India has been set at Rs. 32,999 for the 6GB RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage variant. The Honor 10 wears a gradient color finish, similar to the Pink Gold and Twilight appearance we last saw on the flagship-level Huawei P20 Pro and Huawei P20 smartphones. The price in Nepal may be around Rs. 55,000.
- CIB operation for illegal VoIP call bypass, arrest two Indian Nationals
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable