It seems like notch is another must have feature in new smartphones these days. Thanks to iPhone X for starting the revolution. OnePlus, the Chinese phone manufacturer has brought another flagship killer, OnePlus 6 with the iPhone X like full screen notch. The specs and features in OnePlus 6 are all high end comparable to that of 1000 dollar smartphones. And they are already out with rumors before the actual launch.
Apart from the latest Snapdragon 845 processor, OnePlus 6 features 6.28 inch 19:9 AMOLED screen with notch on the top, thin chin down and a glass body. It has got Gorilla Glass 5 on the top. On the camera side, dual vertically aligned dual rear camera ( 20MP Sony IMX519 + 16MP IMX376K with OIS+EIS f/1.7 aperture, 1.22um pixels, dual LED flash) is there. The camera also allows for the RAW image shooting. The rear camera can take 720P slo-mo at 480fps for a minute and also a 4K video. Whereas the front camera is 16MP f/2.0 Sony IMX 371 with EIS and it can only shoot 1080P video. Video editing comes along in the default UI that can add filters and music in the video.
Regarding the RAM, there are two different versions of 6 GB and 8 GB. The unique Alert slider sits on the right, just above the power button. The USB type C allows you to fast charge your phone with their technology dash charging. The headphone jack is still alive, there is no reason to kill it unless it has nothing to do with the body slimming.
As for all the flagships now, the phone is a water resistant too, which is for the first time included in a OnePlus smartphone. But the IP ratings are not known till now and they warn for not to take the phone for swim. The phone runs on OXYGEN OS on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. They say the phone is already Android P ready, so we can expect the new Android to be there. They added few gestures and modes in the phone. like Swipping right, left and up for different actions. Reading mode and gaming mode are also included in the phone.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 clocked @ 2.8GHz, Adreno 630
- Screen: 6.28-inches 19:9 AMOLED with full screen notch.
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB UFS 2.1
- Oxygen OS 5.1 over Android 8.1 Oreo
- Rear camera: 20MP Sony IMX519 + 16MP IMX376K with OIS+EIS, f/ 1.7, dual LED flash
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.0 Sony IMX 371 with EIS
- Rear fingerprint censor with unlock in 0.2 s
- Front face unlock in 0.4s
- Battery capacity of 3300 mAH with dash charging.
- Water Resistance.
- Weight: 177 gm
- Dual nano SIM card
- NFC, GPS, Audio jack
- Supports 40 bands for different technologies
- Colors: Mirror black, Midnight black and Silk White
Availability and Price
OnePlus 6 will be available from May 22 for the black version. The silk white version will be available little later. The basic 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage OnePlus 6 costs $529 which is little bit expensive than its predecessor 5T. Whereas the 8 GB / 128 GB version costs $579 and the 8 GB / 256 GB versions costs $629. As before, the phone will be available in Nepal, may be next month. The price could be around NRs 67,000 as we compare to that of 5T price during the launch.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license