The J series from the largest smartphone seller in Nepal is one of the most popular series of smartphones. Samsung India had launched Samsung Galaxy J2 2018, a low priced mid-range smartphone in India. Samsung Nepal launched the device in Nepal with the major focus on social media and online shopping.
Once, Samsung was a synonym for the smartphone in Nepal. With the entry of a large number of smartphone company in the country has made the competition for smartphone market competitive and tougher. A lot of companies are offering their best on the budget segment and Samsung seems a bit lacking behind.
Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) comes with the visual application, Samsung Mall, which uses an AI feature that enables users to click pictures of the desired product and search for the product across various e-commerce platforms. This should be a useful feature of youth who are being diverted to online shopping.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC coupled with Adreno 308 GPU. The phone runs on Android 7.1 Nougat on top of Samsung TouchWiz which is most probable to get Nougat update. J2 2018 features a 5-inch qHD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels.
The device packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be further expanded via a microSD card. In the camera department, the Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) sports an 8MP primary camera with an LED flash and a 5MP secondary camera with an LED flash on the front. The phone is powered by a 2,600mAh battery. Connectivity options on the J2 2018 includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, USB 2.0 and a 3.5mm audio jack.
The interesting part of the phone is the phone lets you save the device’s memory by automatically saving content from social media apps to the external memory card which helps in better memory management. Memory management is one of the major issues in low-end smartphones and this feature is one of the best features for such issues.
J2 2018 Specifications
- 5-inch qHD (540×960 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version) for protection
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 CPU
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB ROM; microSD up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear camera: 8 MP, f/2.2, autofocus, LED flash
- Front camera: 5 MP, f/2.2, LED flash
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS for connectivity
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensors
- Dual SIM with 4G LTE (supports all Nepali band)
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Price in Nepal: Rs. 14,590
Availability in Nepal
The Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) has been priced at Rs. 14,590 and is available in Gold, Black and Pink color options.
Samsung focused on two trends amongst Nepali youth – growth of online shopping and high usage of Social media platforms. Samsung Mall uses artificial intelligence to transform the way customers shop online with a visual search. For eager social media users, Samsung’s exclusive ‘Move to Memory Card’ feature is an advanced memory management solution that frees the internal memory, thereby enhancing the smartphone experience.
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards