Xiaomi Redmi S2 Is Official with 16 MP Selfie Camera
Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer unveils Redmi S2 at an event in China. The company has explained that the ‘S’ in the name stands for the ‘Selfie Series’ which makes clear that the phone is more focused on Selfie. The camera is combined with AI-based beautification features, makes it the ‘best Redmi selfie phone’ ever, the company said.
The phone features a dual rear camera setup, an 18:9 display and the Xiano AI voice assistant which is Xiamoi’s native voice assistant feature. In addition, the phone comes with Face Unlock feature and the Snapdragon 625 SoC on the lower price tag.
In the performance department, the Xiaomi Redmi S2 boasts a dual rear camera setup, with the primary camera sporting a 12-megapixel sensor and the secondary camera sporting a 5-megapixel camera. The camera has a f/2.2 aperture, PDAF autofocus, and LED, apart from an AI Portrait Mode, HDR, and facial recognition. The front camera of the Redmi S2 carries a 16-megapixel sensor with 2-micron pixels offering AI Portrait Mode, AI Smart Beauty, Front HDR, and Face Unlock (with face recognition).
Redmi S2 comes with Snapdragon 625 chipset, 3GB or 4GB of RAM, and 32GB or 64GB of expandable storage. The things are powered by a 3,000mAh battery. Other notable features include dual SIM slots, a headphone jack (I hope these don’t disappear on budget phones), microUSB port, and IR blaster.
For the connectivity, the phone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and Micro-USB port. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, infrared, and proximity sensor. The Redmi S2 sports a 3080mAh battery ad the phone weighs 170 grams.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specifications
- Display: 5.99 inches (~74.5% screen-to-body ratio), 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Storage: 32/64GB; expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: Dual: 12 MP (f/2.2, 1.25μm, PDAF) + 5 MP,
- Front Camera: 16 MP (2.0µm), HDR, LED flash
- Sensors: IR blaster, Accelerometer, Proximity
- SIM: Dual SIM with 4G support
- Battery: 3080 mAh battery
Price And Availability
The Xiamoi Redmi S2 is available in three color variants; Champagne Gold, Platinum Silver, and Rose Gold. The price of the 3GB/32BG variant is set at CNY 999 (roughly Rs. 17,000) and that of 4GB/64GB is set at CNY 1,299 (roughly Rs. 21,000). The phone will go on sale at 10 AM CST on may May 17 on Suning.com. The phone tends to compete with recently launched Nova 3e.
- CIB operation for illegal VoIP call bypass, arrest two Indian Nationals
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable