Ncell 4G service reaches to 15 percent people
Ncell, the private telco has extended its 4G service to 15 percent of the total population. This data is taken from the first quarter report of their parent company Axiata. The report also shows that Ncell 3G reaches 54 percent of the population. Such huge Ncell 4G service expansion is made possible within a year time.
According to the data, Ncell smartphone users has increased to 56 percent. Last year first quarter, the smartphone penetration was only 44 percent. This data is also greater than other telcos of Axiata like Bangladesh’s Robi and Srilankan Dialog. The total no of Ncell mobile subscribers is 16.4 million users. So there are around 9.2 million smartphone users in Ncell.
- Total no of Ncell subscribers: 16.4 million (1 crore 64 lakhs)
- Smartphone penetration in Ncell: 56 percent.
Read More about Smartphone penetration and its impact.
The higher number of smartphone users in Ncell is due to their expansion of 3G and 4G with technology neutrality. Currently, Ncell 4G has reached to 21 cities of the country. Find the list here.
- Ncell 3G, 4G expansion increases due to technology Neutrality spectrum.
Ncell Data Revenue
The revenue from Ncell data service has also increased significantly. This is due to the high no of smartphone users, Ncell 3G, and 4G service expansion. Among the total users, 46 percent of people have subscribed and used data service. So, the total revenue from data has increased by 5 percentage points. The first quarter of 2017 showed the data service revenue of 13 billion and 670 million which is 17 percent of total revenue. Now in the first quarter of 2018, the data service revenue is 14 billion and 260 million which is 22 percent of total revenue. Source.
- Ncell data revenue increases by 5 percentage points.
- CIB operation for illegal VoIP call bypass, arrest two Indian Nationals
- Spectrum Auction to move ahead. Who can apply!!!
- NTA selects consultants for cable/wire management
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Announced; Overview, Specifications and Price
- How to make the best use of mobile phone during travel
- SC scraps its own stay order in CG Telecom case
- Smart cell brings easy loan service; Find how to subscribe/enable