The government has decided to let Kamini Rajbhandari continue as MD of Ntc but with conditions. Earlier Cabinet has sought clarifications from Kamini Rajbhandari for the alleged mismanagement and the said downfall of the government-owned company.
The clarifications put by Mrs. Kamini Rajbhandari has reached to the Cabinet. Based on which, the cabinet decides just to caution her which is a soft decision. With this, Kamini Rajbhandari will continue to work as before. There was a kind of vacuum created in the company’s future works, due to the clarifications seek.
As known, Government has asked few conditions for the NTC service expansion and quality of service up-gradation. So, Kamini Rajbhandari has got another opportunity to show her ability for the Ntc services.
The accusations made to Kamini Rajbhandari were:
- degradation of NTC service and quality.
- a decrement in the NTC revenues.
- inability to manage/act in such conditions.
According to the above accusations, Government had asked clarifications to Kamini Rajbhandari. We had also posted a news regarding the plan to remove her as MD. There were also a lot of hoaxes for her removal.
Onlinekhabar writes that there were big pressures by different power centers to save her position. Which seems to have worked to force Minister of Information and Communication Mr. Gokul Baskota.
Before the clarifications, Prime minister KP Oli even summoned Kamini Rajbhandari and other officials for the quality issue. He also directed the senior officials to improve the quality of service then.
Although it is a good sign for Kamini Rajbhandari, all the allegations for Ntc MD have not been cleared and only the decision has been taken to warn her.
There has been a kind of gap in Ntc lately due to this clarification issue. Now with this cabinet outcome, we can expect Ntc to come up with the aggressive plan for service expansion and quality up-gradation. The most awaited expansion would be 4G in all parts of the country.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years