3 applicants have been shortlisted for the NTA chairman vacancy. The selection committee at the MoCIT recommends Mr. Purushottam Khanal, Mr. Dipak Raj Joshi and Mr. NandaBikram Adhikari for the top position of the telecom regulator.
There were 12 applicants for the NTA chairman vacancy. They announced the vacancy on Jestha 27. Out of which, the committee headed by MoCIT secretary shortlists three. Mr. Purushottam Khanal is also the acting chairman of the regulator, with full authority.
As known, the acting tenure of Mr. Purushottam Khanal was coming to end. So, Government announced the vacancy for the NTA chairman position to assume for 4 years.
The name of the 12 people, other than Mr. Purushottam Khanal who applied for the vacancy are:
- Anil Kumar Jha
- Dev Narayan Yadav
- Dipak Raj Joshi
- Rohit Rauniyar
- Nanda Bikram Adhikari
- Govinda Prasad Dahal
- Madhusudan Karmacharya
- Dilli Prasad Chaudhari
- Prakash Baral
- Suresh Kumar Karki
- Buddhi Prasad Acharya
All of the candidates presented their business proposal to the selection committee. After which, they decided on the shortlist. The three names will be presented to the cabinet which will appoint the new Chairman for the telecom regulator.
The post has been vacant since Mr. Digambar Jha resigned from the post amidst controversy and dissent in the ruling party.
Although it seems a fair competition and all the processes has been followed, rumors are rife that current acting chairman will be appointed at all costs.
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards