In an event held in Spain, Xiaomi first made the Mi A3 official. Like expected, it is just a re-branded Mi CC9e which follows the trend set by the Mi A2. The device is launched under the Android One program and hence will feature stock Android (Android 9 Pie). The triple rear cameras and the SnapDragon 665 chipset are undoubtedly the biggest selling points for this device. The Mi A3 device after launching in India with two variants has reached Nepal now. Let’s find the price and details of Mi A3 below.
Mi A3 Overview and Features
Like already mentioned above, the Mi A3 is just a Mi CC9e but with stock Android. The device has a 6.01-inch display with an HD+ resolution which is a bit disappointing considering the fact that the Mi A2 came equipped with a Full HD display. The display is almost bezel-less and has a teardrop notch.
The Mi A3 is powered by the Snapdragon 665 processor. The device is available in 4GB or 6GB RAM variants with either 64GB or 128GB RAM. Sadly, there is no microSD slot in the device which means you will not be able to expand the storage.
The A series of Mi devices have always had great cameras and the A3 is no exception. The device now has a triple camera setup.
The 3 sensors consist of:
- 48MP Primary camera
- 8MP ultra-wide sensor
- 2MP depth sensor.
The front of the device holds the 32MP front camera for selfies. Surprisingly, this budget device comes equipped with an under-display fingerprint sensor. Hence, the back of the phone is empty except for the cameras.
The 3.5mm headphone jack has also made a return on this device. The device also has a USB-C port at the bottom. The device also has a beefy 4030 mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
Mi A3 Specifications
- 6.01-inch Super AMOLED Display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- HD+ (720 x 1560 pixels) resolution
- Snapdragon 665 Octa-core 2.0 GHz Processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB or 6GB RAM
- 64/128GB Internal Storage (not expandable)
- 173 grams Weight
- Stock Android 9 Pie (Android One)
- Triple Rear Cameras (48MP primary camera +8MP ultra-wide-angle +2MP depth sensor)
- 32MP Front Camera
- Under Display Fingerprint Sensor
- 4030mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
The device has been priced for a ridiculously low price taking into consideration the specifications. The pricing is as follows:
- €249 for the 4GB+64GB variant: Price in India: INR 12,999
- €279 for the 6GB+128GB variant: Price in India: INR 15,999
The device is available in three color variants; Gray, Blue, and White. The device launches in the Indian market on August 21, 2019. The phone has now launched in Nepal, which was already announced by Xiaomi Nepal Head, Mr. Sourabh Kothari. Here are the details of the Mi A3 specs and price in Nepal.
The Mi A3, with no doubt, will sell exceptionally, especially in South Asian markets. It is quite difficult to predict the price of the Mi A3 in Nepal currently. If past trends are looked at, the device can be a bit overpriced in Nepal but the recent well-price announcement of the Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi K20 Pro says otherwise. Anyway, we are expecting this device very soon in Nepal with a sub-30K price tag.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats