Nepal Telecom, the government owned pioneer telco is going to upgrade its mobile network system. With a public notice, Ntc informs of the system upgrade on the night time of Falgun 2, 2076 (March 4, 2020).
To meet the advancement in the telecom technology and bring new innovative services, Ntc has been expanding its 4G LTE network to several parts of the country. Sometimes they also claim it’s a 4.5G technology with demonstration of 234 Mbps download speed. The 4G expansion has already crossed the 2000 mobile tower mark, reaching all of the 77 districts. They will soon reach to more places of the country. Read information on Ntc 4G coverage.
Telecom operators need to perform system upgrade to make advancement in its network, add new services. They also do the upgrade to improve the quality of the network. As the system upgrade may hamper the network during the actual work, they perform such upgrade in the night time to minimize the effect to the customers.
The information of the upgrade and possible disturbance will make people aware and look for options rather than to panic in emergency situations. So, all the telcos issue a public notice for such system level upgrade.
Ntc notifies that mobile network upgrade will happen on the night time of March 4 (Thursday). So, Nepal Telecom requests it’s customers to buy the data packs before 8:30 pm to assure the data service.
Although you have the data pack, there might be some disturbance in the mobile internet service as per them. So, Ntc cautions people to be aware of the system upgrade and the likely interruption. They also apologize for the trouble in that period, which is unavoidable.
Ntc tells its customers of some of the possible problems after the system upgrade. As the most of the published issues are related to data pack and settings, it seems the upgrade is on Ntc mobile data system. Simple issues that may arise with the Ntc mobile data are:
What happens if multiple packages are subscribed before the consumption of the first subscribed pack?
If a customer subscribe a package before the completion of the same pack, then remaining volume will add up to the latest pack and the validity will be as per the latest one.
How to resolve Mobile data not operational with NTWAP as APN?
The problem with the Ntwap apn can be solved by two methods as:
- Changing APN name: If you have Ntwap apn in your mobile settings, then you change it on Android by going to Settings->Mobile network->Access Point names, then remove Ntwap and add ntnet. Save it for the respective Ntc SIM card. For iOS, you can change APN by going to Settings->cellular/mobile data->Cellular data option/Mobile data option. You just need to change the APN and keep other blank as it is.
- Changing Proxy or reset: In Android phones, you can make the data work by removing the proxy and port field inside Access point name. For iOS, you need to reset cellular data network inside the settings->cellular->cellular data option.
This kind of upgrade may also result in improvement of their voice and data services. As we said, the system upgrade is for quality enhancement, new service addition, we can expect Ntc to increase their 4G speed, make their network ready for more advanced services like VoLTE.
Tell us what do you expect with such system upgrade, in the comment box below.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs