GSMA has announced the Asia Pacific 5G Industry Community at Mobile 360 Asia Pacific. Shortly to be known as APAC, the new ecosystem will be a platform for those seeking to deliver Industry 4.0 and digital transformation from 5G networks, edge-cloud services, IoT, and AI.
The community is ideal for stakeholders including governments, industries, mobile service providers, ICT, analysts, and consultants, etc.
The APAC 5G Industry Community consists of 12 contributing members and existing IoT and 5G emerging market community which has over 500 members in 30+ countries. The members include AIS, Axiata, DEPA, DHL, Huawei, Kominfo, MDEC, etc.
Need For 5G After COVID-19
COVID-19 has transpired a global connectivity pandemic. While a fatality for the world population and the economy, the Coronacrisis did harbor a need for the digital transformation of industries. Thus the need for 5G has resulted in the rapid deployment of the 5G network as wells as accelerated efforts to begin 5G across major economies in the world.
The states are waking up to the benefits of the fifth-gen networks. The 5G benefits all industries including service and manufacturing.
“During the COVID-19 pandemic, the mobile ecosystem acted as a lifeline for people, businesses, and society. The industry demonstrated its resilience, and we must now continue to push the boundaries of possibility. The purpose of the APAC 5G Industry Community is to unlock the power of 5G connectivity so that people, industries, and society thrive. GSMA is committed to playing a leading role in supporting and amplifying the vital work our industry is doing at this time,” said GSMA’s Head of Asia Pacific, Julian Gorman. “We are thrilled to announce the formation of APAC 5G Industry Community as a collaboration platform to support 5G industry innovation, application, and business opportunities.”
“5G will enable the substantive digital transformation of our economy, and the goals of the APAC 5G Industry Community initiative. We look forward to effective collaborations with both public and private stakeholders, in line with our vision to lead a progressive digital economy and in support of MyDigital, the Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint,” said MDEC (Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation)’s CEO, Mahadhir Aziz.
Huawei a Key For 5G Growth in Asia
“Huawei has been working on digital transformation to support industries for viable paths of 5G connected services in recent years. Now, we have a golden key to open the gate of this trillion USD market for all potential industries to explore more converged technologies and business partner solutions with an agile and open ecosystem alliance platform from the APAC 5G Industry Community foundation.
Dennis Xiao, the President of Carrier Business Group, Huawei Asia Pacific Region also spoke for this occasion. He said, “We are proud to become one of the key contributors of the Community and will engage more businesses.”
APAC: A Support System to Promote 5G
The Asia Pacific 5G Industry Community comprises two sets of regions. North Asia and Oceania are affluent for 5G and have been at the front for 5G expansion. On the other hand, the rest still lurking in its development. Thus, APAC will lend its support to the states in those regions for various programs. The 5G aid will arrive in various sectors such as education, industries, innovation, and etc.
The Community will serve as a platform for those who are eager to learn and implement 5G benefits in industries and enterprises. It will also table an opportunity for them to connect and share their experiences and pass them on to the next generation mobile ecosystem.
Objectives & Benefits of APAC
APAC is the 5G Industry Community that aims to support industries and enterprises in regions in need of it. It mainly has three Industry Interest groups: Manufacturing, Logistics, Port & Transportation, and Healthcare. These groups will help members to:
- Share 5G experiences to develop a learning platform for all and help industry partners and innovators
- Analyze and evaluate industry requirements, explore additional scopes, and applications of the 5G broadband
- Promote commercial use, reference, and best practices
- Build network, ecosystems and find new partnerships
Benefits for community members will include:
- A regular newsletter with the latest 5G industry developments and insights
- Access to Industry Interest Group activities
- Inclusion in 5G industry reports and case studies
- Opportunities to speak and showcase in GSMA 5G activities. i.e., webinars, conferences, and a new 5G tour
- A bespoke networking service where businesses are matched with innovators, social impact enterprises, and mobile operators
GSMA’s APAC will serve industries and enterprises seeking to integrate 5G to promote elevate their productivity and improve efficiency. As the members also include Axiata, it will bring direct benefits to Ncell in Nepal as well.
Do share your thoughts on the growing need for 5G across industries and enterprises and how do you think Nepal will implement the broadband when it kicks off in the country.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats