Telecom regulator Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) has issued a warning not to use Microwave frequency without its permission. The body released a notice telling individuals and organizations not to use microwave frequency without approval. The notice mentions that such frequencies are used in telecom services and without approval, no one can use them.
NTA specifically referred to the possible unauthorized use of microwave frequency of the L6 GHz (5.925 GHz to 6.425 GHz) band. The body also warned that if not complied, it would take legal action against those who breach its frequency policy.
If you didn’t know, the L6 bands (microwave) are the types of frequencies that telecom companies can use in Nepal commercially. Telecommunications, radar, and GPS can use these frequencies in general. For this reason, any enterprise or service provider requires formal approval by NTA to use the frequencies. Also read: NTA and NTA Row Over VSAT Frequency Use Without Approval
It warned that the person or organization will be subject to repercussions as per the Telecommunications Act, 2053.
Besides, the regulator also issued a request to the public to inform it of any use cases around. “If anyone knows or has information about a person or organization using microwave frequency without permission from NTA, we request you to inform us through the address below,” NTA’s statement reads.
For contact, the regulator has provided its mobile contact and email address. These are 9771535474 and nta.gov.np respectively.
Are you aware of any entity using frequency without ht permission of NTA? You can help the regulator by letting them know
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs