All information, news, offers of Telecommunication in Nepal

Ncell Gets A ratings by ICRA Nepal Despite Moderate Earning

Ncell has retained “A” credit ratings from ICRA Nepal. The company received the long-term rating of [ICRANP] LA to the long-term loans and a short-term rating of [ICRANP] A to the enhanced short-term loan limits of the leading private operator. The rating agency assigned the ratings for the telco for its comfortable financial health despite its moderate financial gains in recent years.

Statistically, Ncell registered a Total Operating Income of close to Rs 60 billion in FY 2018. The figure has been continuously decreasing over the years. In FY 2021, the private telco reported an Operating Income of Rs 40 billion, 42 crores, and 40 lakhs.  

Ncell financial indicatorsFY 2018FY 2019FY 2020FY 2021
Operating Income (Rs million)59,81755,39846,87440,424
OPBITDA (%)62575456

The ICRA report further highlights Ncell’s declined revenue market share in the last three years. Ncell occupied a market share of 64% in the revenue market share in FY 2019 but decreased to 56% in FY 2021 for GSM services. The report also says that Ncell boasts the majority of the market share in industry revenues with still strong ARPU, however, it also points out that the “steady trajectory of mismatch in subscriber base growth” is a concern. Ncell’s ARPU stood at Rs 205, declining by 17% in 2021.

Also see: Ncell Contributes Rs 144 Billion in Tax to Nepal in 5 Years

ICRA reports Ncell witnessing low ARPU

ICRA Nepal reports that Ncell has seen voice ARPU decrease with the increase of broadband internet. The report says this has been large to the shrinking ILD revenues. Meanwhile, the local voice revenues also reported slight ‘degrowth’ of 3% from FY 2018 to FY 2021.

Similarly, the company’s data ARPU tumbled along with a market share in the 3G/4G subscriber base. The company only accounted for 41% of the GSM subscriber base, which was 43% in ICRA’s previous rating.

Check out: Ncell App Crosses 5 Million Downloads on Play Store

Ncell reported a moderate 37% Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) in the 4G subscriber base over the 21-month period ending in mid-April 2022. The report says the figure has “impacted Ncell’s revenue performance for FY 2021.” The company saw a 14% degrowth in overall revenues.

 “The company’s incremental performance in this front would remain a key monitorable and a further sustained trend in a reversal of market share could exert a downward pressure over the ratings,” ICRA’s report reads.

Ncell became part of Axiata Group Berhad in 2016 following the group’s acquisition of 100% shares of Reynolds Holding Limited of West Indies which held 80% stakes in Ncell. The remaining 20% stakes are held by Sunivera Capital Venture Private Limited of Nepal.

Check out: How to transfer balance in Ncell?

How do Ncell services work in your area? You can share briefly in the comments below.

Latest Gadget Deals 📣

Apple Macbook Air
Shop on Daraz & Get 1 Year Brand Warranty + 14 Day Easy Return, Free Shipping & More | Shop Now
Rs. 159,900
Buy Now
realme 10 Pro Plus
Exclusive Launch on Daraz | Prebookings have begun | Voucher Discount of Rs. 2000 for first 50 customers
Rs. 45,999
Buy Now
GoPro Hero 11
Certified Daraz Mall Store| 14 Day Easy Return | Free Shipping | 1 Year Brand Warranty
Rs. 83,500
Buy Now

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Viber to get the latest news, and information about Nepal Telecom, Ncell, Smart Cell, ISPs, mobile apps, and phones in Nepal.


You might also like

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy