Huawei’s newest mid-range smartphone is now official in Nepal. The Huawei Y9s is apparently the global variant of the Honor 9X Pro that was launched in China back in July. The biggest difference is that the Huawei Y9s is powered by a Kirin 710F SoC and not Kirin 810 that powers the Honor 9X Pro. Huawei Y9 series is the mid-range device from the company. The price of Huawei Y9s in Nepal is Rs. 32,900 for the 6/128GB variant.
Huawei announced the Y9s handset along with Mate 30 Pro, Watch GT 2 and other wearables in Nepal on Dec 15, 2019. Now the phone is available to purchase. The company also recently launched Band 4, Band 4e, Freebuds 3, and FreeLace accessories.
Huawei Y9s Overview
Huawei Y9s is a phone from the Huawei Y series. It is the mid-range device that packs the great triple camera, the huge amount of RAM for the mid-range phones and great storage. It has features performing chipset along with a great battery. Let’s dive into the details of the Huawei Y9s.
Design and Display
In terms of design, the Huawei Y9s seems similar to the Honor 9X Pro. The phone sports a curved glass back, which makes it look and feel quite superior. The sides are made of aluminum rather than plastic, which gives it a sort of grip to the phone. The power button on the side doubles as a fingerprint sensor that supposedly provides users with a “one-touch” unlock. There is a Gorilla Glass protection on both front and back.
The display is a 6.59-inch LCD display with an FHD+ (2340×1080) resolution with an 84.7% screen-to-body ratio. There is a pop-up selfie camera which makes bezels considerably smaller. The pop-up camera looks similar to that of Huawei Y9 Prime and this is also a great part of the phone which makes the display even more usable.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Y9s sports a triple camera at the back. There is a primary 48-megapixel camera with an f/1.8 aperture. The primary sensor is accompanied by a second 8-megapixel ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture. The third and the final camera is a 2-megapixel depth with an f/2.4 aperture.
While the shots from the rear cameras are can be expected to be decent in overall quality. The pop-up selfie camera on the phone is of 16MP with f/2.2 aperture. The 16MP selfie camera seems to be aesthetically good but is not on par with other mid-rangers. Huawei promises that it has upgraded the AI Beauty Algorithm for taking better portraits and bringing clarity in images.
With these sets of an improved camera over the Y9 Prime 2019, we can expect good quality photos. The company has also added night shot capabilities and other great effects on the camera.
Performance and Chipset
Huawei Y9s is powered by a Kirin 710F SoC which is similar to that of Honor 9X. The Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU is paired with 6GB of RAM and with this setup we can expect a decent performance. For the storage, there is 128GB of internal storage and support for storage expandability via a microSD card. It also runs on EMUI 9.1 based on Android Pie for those who were inquisitive about Google apps compatibility on the Y9s.
Battery, Connectivity, and Others
Connectivity options on the Huawei Y9s include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.20, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors on the phone incorporate an ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor which is placed on the right side along with the power button. The right mounted fingerprint sensor is capable of unlocking the device within 0.3 seconds.
Huawei Y9s Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.59 inches FHD+ TFT LCD, 2340 x 1080pixels
- Chipset: HUAWEI Kirin 710F
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Memory: 6 GB + 128 GB
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Rear camera: 48 MP (f/1.8 aperture) + 8 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (f/2.4 aperture) + Autofocus (phase focus)
- Battery: 4000 mAh (Typical value)
- OS: EMUI 9.1 based on latest Android 9.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Colors: Midnight Black, Breathing Crystal
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, Side Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Gravity Sensor
- Price in Nepal: Rs 32,900
Huawei Y9s Price and Availability in Nepal
Huawei Nepal has launched the phone in Nepal and it comes in two color variants of Midnight Black and Breathing Crystal. The price of Huawei Y9s in Nepal is Rs. 32,900 for the 6/128GB variant. With this price and specs, the phone aims to compete with the best phones under Rs. 30,000 in Nepal such as Redmi Note 8 Pro, Honor 9X, Vivo S1, Galaxy M30s and more.
The good news is the phone comes with Android Pie and Google Play Services on top of it. Check out the latest price of all Huawei phones in Nepal as well.
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards