International ride-hailing service inDriver has launched in Kathmandu, Nepal. In the growingly crowded ride-sharing services, it will come with a unique pricing feature. Unlike others, inDriver allows the Real-Time Deals (RTD) model and allows passengers to offer their price for the router.
Meanwhile, the passengers can also expect counter offers from nearby drivers. On the other hand, drivers also get the freedom to decide which ride request suits them best, and also suggest their own price. This is the distinctive feature of this new ride-sharing platform.
The inDriver service was already in operation but it was only announced officially today on May 25th. At first, the service was available for rides inside the Kathmandu valley only. But now it also offers inter-city trips with more expansion on the cards. Besides, with the ability to fix the prices down to the passengers and the driver, this also become one of the cheapest ride-sharing services in Nepal.
In other ride-sharing apps, algorithms fix pricing. On inDriver, it allows passengers and drivers to independently negotiate the fare for the ride.
A passenger can also receive rude offers from other drivers. At this, they can choose their ride based on the driver’s ETA, rating, price, and vehicle. The driver meanwhile can opt for a request based on the price offer, distance, the passenger’s rating, pick-up location, and the number of inDriver trips the customer has taken.
“We are excited to bring inDriver to Nepal. We are now operating our services in Kathmandu Valley and will soon be launching our services in all major cities of Nepal. For at least the first six months of operation in Nepal, inDriver will not charge drivers a commission fee, meaning they will receive the entire fare of every ride (excluding applicable taxes and tolls). Thereafter, the commission fee for drivers will be significantly lower than that of other ride-hail services operating throughout the city. inDriver has already signed up more than 4,000 drivers in Nepal.” said Ms. Pavit Nanda, South Asia PR Manager, inDriver.
How to book a ride on inDriver?
To book a ride request on inDriver, follow the steps below.
- First, download the inDriver app from your app store.
- Launch the app and enter the pick-up and drop-off points. Choose what you prefer, Moto (motorbike), ride (taxi), or an inter-city trip.
- Also, remember to place the price you are willing to offer for the trip.
- Drivers who have registered themselves to the service immediately get the notification of your request on their app.
- Then, the drivers can accept, ignore, or offer their price for the trip.
- Once a driver accepts your fare for the trip, the driver will pick you up at the location you have submitted and take you to your drop-off point.
Additionally, inDriver has launched a courier service for its app users. With it, you can send a package of up to 20 kg, or order goods in-store with home delivery. Just like for a ride, you can set the fair yourself and find a courier for the service.
The freedom of price negotiation is a key differentiator for the inDriver service. It comes with the RTD model and brings power to the people by allowing both the driver and the passenger to agree upon the fare for a ride. To illustrate, a passenger chooses to offer only Rs.270 for a trip from Gongabu Bus Park (Kathmandu) to Satdobato (Lalitpur). For another instance, the same passenger can pay Rs.130 for a trip from Thamel to Bouddhanath.
Are you excited to take a trip via inDriver, especially with its unique fare system? Do leave your impression in the comments below.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs