Apple has rolled out its latest iOS update 16.4 which is available for developers and public beta testers and comes with new features among which remains voice Isolation to improve call quality. The US phone maker is also adding a number of new features that will add fresh improvements to the delight of iPhone users.
Apple said that the noise cancellation feature which is its major upgrade among the rather minor new improvements in its iOS 16 version blocks ambient noise around the callers and prioritizes voice. This will thus translate to much better call quality during calls. The feature works for phone calls, FaceTime, WhatsApp, and other VoIP platforms.
The iOS 16.4 update is available to eligible iPhone and iPad users over the air from Settings > General > Software Update.
But Apple is not the first smartphone manufacturer to introduce such a feature. Google has already implemented Clear Calling for its Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro devices. For iPhone users to get this feature working on their devices, they must be updated to iOS 16.4.
How to activate Voice Isolation on iPhone iOS 16.4 Update for better call quality?
Follow the steps below to enable Voice Isolation on iPhone iOS 16.4:
- While on a call, pull down from the top right corner which shows Control Center on your iPhone screen.
- In the top right corner, tap on the mic icon to open the mic settings.
- Select Voice Isolation.
- You can also select the Wide Spectrum mode which makes your voice as well as those around you to be heard on the other’s end.
16.4 launched with new emojis, VoiceOver support for maps, and Crash Detection for iPhone 14 Series
The update expected to be the last in the 16-generation iOS brings some enhancements and features. Below is the list of all the major features, and bug fixes the latest update brings to iPhone users.
•21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available on the emoji keyboard
•Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
•Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
•Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
•VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
•Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
•Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
•Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
Likewise, Apple has also rolled out iOS 15.7.4 for older iPhone devices that are not eligible for the iOS 16 version. The update brings some security improvements.
iOS 16.4 is the fourth and perhaps the last update in its generation as the Cupertino-based tech giant focuses on iOS 17 OS which could be announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June.
Which iOS version are you on now? Would you want the iOS 16.4 version to arrive for your phone or are you considering buying a new iPhone? Do share with us in our comments section below.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license