Nepal Clearing House (NCHL) has officially launched the NepalPay QR service. As part of the National Payment Switch, the payment network will offer payment for government taxes, including multiple other online payment facilities.
The company unveiled the service at a ceremony in Kathmandu on March 11.
With this service, users will be able to pay their government taxes on the go. As a payment channel, it complies with Nepal QR Standardization and Guidelines and will be capable of interoperability.
Likewise, NCHL says it will set up merchant-level interoperability between Himalayan Bank and Focus one Solutions.
Diverse Options of Payment with NepalPay QR
NepalPay QR is a versatile payment system. It is part of the revolutionary National Payment Switch, a payment integrating platform. NCHL says users can scan the same QR and pay through NepalPay QR, Visa, Union Pay, and Ali Pay.
Besides, customers can also pay for government revenues with it. And to do it, they only have to scan a QR code. To execute transactions, they can use a mobile banking app, digital wallet, ConnectIPS, or other payment service providers. Using this feature, users can pay for many services including government payments online.
So far, NepalPay QR has already amassed over 5 thousand merchants.
In addition, various leading banks have already joined its network for QR payment services. This includes Himalayan Bank, Sanima Bank, Samriddhi Finance, ConnectIPS, and others. Users can pay for many services by using any of these banks’ mobile banking apps.
What do you think of the NepalPay QR service in the growing FinTech industry in Nepal? You can offer your inputs in the comments below.
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats