Nepal Telecommunication Authority ( NTA) could soon buy the land used by Radio Nepal in Khumaltar. The Government of Nepal has decided to hand over 42 ropani (5.27 acres) of land to the authority at the predetermined cost. The telecom regulator could use the new space to open its new office and keep its equipment safe.
A recently held meeting of the Council of Ministers agreed to give the authority permission to use the land. With this, the longstanding topic of NTA procuring the Radio Nepal land in Khumaltar has found its resolution. The idea had long remained a debate and in consideration. The government now has paved the way for the resolution.
As per sources, NTA is given a nod to buy the land in concern at the previously assigned cost. Communication Minister Rekha Sharma said that the government permitted the regulator for the land purchase on the proposal of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MoCIT).
In 2075, the then Council of Ministers decided to allow NTA to buy the land of Radio Nepal in Khumaltar.
Also read: How to register phone IMEI in NTA?
NTA to buy Khumaltar land of Radio Nepal at Rs 2.68 billion
As per the existing rate, the land costs 40 lakh per ana which is 1.88 dhur as per the Nepali land measurement system. At this rate, the total land which measures 42 ropani translates to Rs 2 billion, 68 crores, and 80 lakhs. NTA will have to pay this amount to acquire the land from Radio Nepal. The government had determined the land’s price back in 2075.
NTA doesn’t yet have its own building. Having the land will ease it to head its projects more efficiently. The authority could now use the land to build a facility to open its office and keep critical equipment like Monitoring systems, MDMS, etc.
- Mobile service launched in Gosaikunda with Nepal Telecom’s VSAT technology
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs
- How to watch the Asia Cup 2023 live in Nepal? Also find fixtures with Nepali time, squad, venue, and more
- Ncell CEO Jabbor Kayumov calls on the youth to be passionate and dream big
- WorldLink wins “Organizational Sales Excellence Award 2023”
- Apple starts iPhone 15 production in India