Poco, the independent brand from Xiaomi has announced a new smartphone series. The branch expanded its portfolio by launching a new mid-range smartphone dubbed Poco M2 Pro in India. The brand had tasted success through the Poco X2, Poco F1, etc. And now it seems like they are poised to take the mid-range segment by storm. Poco M2 Pro has been officially announced and comes as the most affordable smartphone from the brand. It comes with impressive features like a punch-hole display, Snapdragon 720G, 48MP quad-cameras, and many more.
Poco M2 Pro Overview
If you feel that you are having Deja Vu after looking at the gadget then you are not wrong. Poco M2 Pro is the rebranded version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro and inherits almost all the features. But the company has made some tiny tweaks and adjustments to the device. Now, let’s know more about the specs and features of the Poco M2 Pro in detail below.
Talking about the design of the smartphone, it is identical to the Redmi Note 9 Pro(Global Variant). It comes with two-tone color and a symmetrical design. Poco M2 Pro boasts a large 6.67-inch (16.94cm) IPS LCD Full HD+ screen display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution with a centered-hole punch that houses a front camera. It arrives with a huge 20:9 cinematic aspect ratio, a screen-body ratio of 84.5%, 395 PPI, and screen brightness of up to 490 nits. The disappointing fact is that the device does not come with a higher refresh rate. Poco M2 Pro comes with a triple Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and reinforced corners. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. And it also features P2i dust and water protection so you won’t have to worry about the device getting wet.
Now coming to the optical department of the smartphone, Poco M2 Pro sports a quad-camera array that includes a 48MP primary sensor with f/1.79 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide sensor along with f/2.2 aperture & 119° FOV, a 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. It comes with features such as Portrait mode with background blurring, Dual pixel autofocus, Single-tone flash, Low light enhancement, HDR imaging, Panorama mode, Burst mode, Face recognition, AI Beautify, EIS for video shooting, AI dirt detection, etc.
At the front, Poco M2 Pro comes packed with 16MP in-display selfie snapper with an aperture of f/2.0. It also arrives with impressive camera gestures such as AI portrait mode, AI detection of 10 different scenes, Selfie timer, Faces recognition, Night mode, Front HDR, Short Video, etc. It can record 4K video at 30 fps and Slow motion video as well.
Under the hood, Poco M2 Pro is fueled with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor & Adreno 618 GPU that also powers Redmi Note 9 Pro & Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. The chipset comes coupled with up to 6GB LPDDR4X RAM along with the internal storage of up to 128 GB UFS 2.1 that can be expanded up to 512GB via a MicroSD card.
On the software front, the smartphone runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 with the Poco Launcher on top. For gamers, there are also Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming optimizations which improve the overall gaming experience by enhancing visual, audio, and performance optimizations. So, gamers will be able to enjoy gaming without any delay and smoothly. It also has Z-shocker haptics.
Poco M2 Pro is backed up by a massive 5,000mAh battery along with the support of 33W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. The device will be charged from 0 to 50% in less than 30 minutes. The brand claims that the smartphone can last 24 days standby, 11 hours of PUBG M, 193 Hours of Music plus Headset, and 44 hours M VoLTE Calling. Despite having a huge battery, it manages to maintain a slick design.
Talking about the connectivity of the device, it features Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC), Dual-frequency GPS, USB Type-C, USB 2.0, IR blaster, 3.5mm audio port, etc.
Poco M2 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch (16.94cm) IPS LCD Full HD+ screen display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 cinematic aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor
- Memory: up to 6GB LPDDR4X RAM along with the internal storage of up to 128 GB UFS 2.1 that can be extended up to 512GB via MicroSD card.
- Software: MIUI 11 based on Android 10 with the Poco Launcher on top.
- Rear Camera: Quad AI Rear Camera Setup
- Main: 48MP 1.6μm 4-in-1 (f/1.79)
- Ultra-Wide: 8MP (f/2.2), 119° FOV
- Macro: 5MP (f/2.4)
- Depth: 2MP (f/2.4)
- Front Camera: 16MP in-display selfie snapper (f/2.0)
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery with support of 33W Fast Charging.
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Vibration motor hall sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Colors: Green and Greener, Out of the Blue, and Two Shades of Black
- Connectivity: dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS, face unlock, MicroUSB, and 3.5mm audio jack.
Don’t Miss: Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite launches in Nepal
Pricing And Availability
The base variant (4GB+64GB) of Poco M2 Pro is priced at INR 13,999 in India and it will go on sale starting from 14th July 2020 exclusively on Flipkart. The smartphone is available in three different color variants as Green and Greener, Out of the Blue, and Two Shades of Black.
The brand has not made any official announcements regarding the international availability of the device. But it is expected that the smartphone will be available in Nepal very soon. It is expected to be priced at around Rs. 24,999 in Nepal. The device is priced aggressively to compete with the likes of Realme 6, Redmi Note 9 Pro, etc.
The prices of all the variants of the Poco M2 Pro are listed below:
|Poco M2 Pro Variants
|Price In India
|Price In Nepal(Expected)
So, what are your thoughts about the new device? Is it Yayy or Nayy for you people? Don’t forget to leave your insights in the comment section.
We also suggest you check out Poco Mobile Price In Nepal.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years