Have you ever tried extending your WiFi network’s coverage? Sometimes, you can DIY by placing the router in the middle of your house or the place where you want the connection. It may also work by removing some physical obstacles like cupboards or a fish tank but you cannot fix a wall/distance for that matter. However, these may not always be convenient and serve as temporary solutions. If you want a permanent resolution, you can try using a WiFi repeater which not only extends your WiFi coverage but also promises a sound speed that greatly enhances your broadband experience. In this post, we talk in detail about what a WiFi repeater is, when and how to use it, and recommend one affordable piece currently available on Daraz 12.12 at a discount price.
Table of contents
What is a WiFi Repeater?
Also called an extender, a WiFi repeater is a device that extends the coverage of a WiFi network. It’s used to expand the reach of a WiFi network’s connectivity when the primary router’s coverage is insufficient as signals can’t reach certain places in your home/office. To be more particular, you can benefit from a WiFi repeater in the following situations:
- When you are getting low WiFi coverage,
- If the WiFi speed is low, inconsistent, and suffers disconnection due to the distance from the primary router,
- If you want to ensure 24×7 high-performance broadband from your WiFi,
- In a room that is much farther from where the primary router is placed, or over a large area where the coverage falls short, etc.
- Also, a WiFi repeater could be your default choice if setting up a secondary router and its cost feels less worthwhile.
How to set up a WiFi repeater?
Setting up a WiFi repeater shouldn’t be a difficult task. But you need the right equipment and basic knowledge of it. Here are the step by step guide to configure a WiFi repeater for your WiFi network.
Below are the steps to set up a WiFi router:
- Have a WiFi repeater, a WiFi network, and a computer or a mobile phone.
- Place your WiFi repeater in the most suitable location.
- Plug in your WiFi repeater to a wall socket and turn it on.
- Go to your computer or mobile phone’s WiFi settings and find available WiFi network list, choose for your WiFi repeater’s SSID and connect to it.
- You may be asked to enter the password. Use the default password provided by the company. It’s usually included in the manual/box.
- Now, you may have to enter the default IP address of the WiFi repeater device in the address bar of your connected computer and mobile phone.
- You now get the repeater’s configuration interface. Follow the prompts/instructions to set up the repeater/extender.
- After setting up the repeater, connect your smartphone, laptop, desktop or any WiFi device to the repeater’s network.
- Go to the WiFi settings on your device and select the network with the same name as your WiFi network which should follow by the word EXT or Extended.
- Once connected, check for speed and coverage and if everything if fine, you have a successfully extended your WiFi network.
In some cases, some applications may be required to setup the Wifi internet extension.
Buy a WiFi Repeater on Daraz
If you were looking for a decent value-providing WiFi repeater device, there is this one on Daraz. Made by Mi, this WiFi repeater Pro aka WiFi Range Extender expands your home WiFi network’s coverage across a larger area. Wireless, and easier to set up, connect it to any company’s WiFi network and expand its coverage across your residence.
Here are the reasons this device is optimally useful for you.
WiFi repeater pro features
Here are the features of a Wifi Repeater as a recommended product to use for your Wifi coverage enhancement.
The device is made by Mi and supports a wireless connection. That means you don’t have to bother with ethernet cables. You may not even have one so some extra money is saved on buying a few meters of it. Plus it is inconvenient for most of us to lay such cables inside your home/office.
WiFi Repeater Pro comes with two antennas which means it has the capacity of providing consistent WiFi coverage. Whether you live one floor above or a few dozen meters from the place of the primary router, the repeater will ensure you get the best coverage all the time. For the best coverage, you should place the repeater around the middle part of your room so that the signal can reach everywhere uniformly. It supports 2.4 GHz band so that it can only extend the range of 2.4 GHz router out of a dual band router’s transmission. However, you can even check the dual band Wifi extender, which costs a lil extra.
Use with any company’s WiFi router
This WiFi Repeater Pro device can be connected to any internet service providers (ISPs)’ Router (WiFi’s SSID). Whether you have a Vianet, WorldLink, or Nepal Telecom’s fiber service at home, this repeater/extender connects seamlessly so you don’t have to bother with whether this device doesn’t work with your home router. And you can easily configure it by installing Mi Home app.
300 Mbps connection
The device supports connections over 300 Mbps speed. That is, if you have a primary WiFi subscription of 300 Mbps, this repeater can also deliver up to the same speed. But for the sake of full transparency, expect some drop in speed as the repeater has to broadcast the signal as a secondary device and obviously there will be some interference. But still, a WiFi repeater offering a 3-digit network speed support is a big deal.
WiFi repeater price in Nepal
Another reason to choose it is the affordability. While not compromising on its quality, you can buy it on Daraz at the discount cost of just Rs 1,799 under the Daraz 12.12 year-end sale campaign. Its market price is Rs 1,999. Additionally, Daraz is offering free delivery of the product and claims that after placing an order you will get the device at your doorstep within two days. If you want to a dual band Wifi repeater, we recommend you to check here.
Getting the best WiFi performance might at times require some effort. You may have to wait for the new tech to let WiFi signals pass through the walls. But if you need an instant, simple and permanent solution, you can go for a secondary router or a WiFi repeater. Among which, Wifi repeater is the affordable one.
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license