Ericsson is the third vendor by least price to offer the 5.2 million GSM lines, the contract will be awarded to Huawei (second lowest in price) again if Ericsson won’t provide the deal in the same amount as bidded by Huawei. Earlier, Nepal Telecom had already signed a contract for 4.8 Million GSM lines including 3G+ (LTE) data services which is worth about 7 billion Nepali Rupees. So there is chance of Huawei ruling all over Nepal for the 10 Million GSM project in NT.
ZTE has recently signed a deal with Teliasonera owned operator Nepal Satellite Company (Hello Mobile brand) for their expansion. ZTE had been providing telecom equipments for GSM, CDMA, 3G to big companies like NTC and Ncell from their early project.
- FonePay and NIPL launch Cross Border QR payment between Nepal and India
- Samsung ready to launch 5G technology in Nepal
- MediaTek develops the world’s first 3nm smartphone chipset
- Ncell users can call the suicide prevention helpline at 1166 for fee
- realme 11x 5G Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs
- Cross-Border Payment Between Nepal and India Commences
- Nepal Telecom begins fiber internet in 4 hilly districts