Nepal Telecom has made the GPRS registration available through SMS, previously customers had to go to the nearest NT offices to give their numbers for registration. It would take two working days to get that done.
Now, Customers can easily register GPRS service by writing vgprs in your message inbox and send it to 1400. Registration is done within half an hour from the delivery of the message.
If you have not registered or subscribe GPRS service in your Ntc GSM mobile, you need to send a message
- vgprs to 1400
- You will get a confirmation message within 15 to 30 minutes time.
Nepal Telecom needs to improve more for different services and their registration procedure as customers now want fast registration and improved services.
We would like to thank Nepal Telecom for this easy registration service. We hope they will bring more of such easy registration and SMS based services for their customers.
GPRS is the data/internet connection that is available with 2G mobile service. Nepal Telecom has brought data service in its mobile network. Based on the availability of the different network, the GPRS activation works for GPRS or EDGE or 3G service.
Let’s illustrate the technologies used for data/internet connection in your mobile. We hope you have noticed the different alphabets on the top of your mobile display where
- G: denoted the GPRS connection
- E: denotes the EDGE connection
- 3G denotes the 3G internet connection.
Here we find the Edge connection is faster than GPRS. Similarly, the 3G connection is faster than EDGE. The speed in EDGE and GPRS range from a few tens of Kbps to 100 kbps. Similarly, for 3G, the speed ranges from 300 kbps to 2 Mbps, which depends on the signal strength and no of users in the area you are in.
Tell us what do you think of the easy GPRS registration and the details of GPRS connection in the comment below.
- Redmi Note 11 Pro 4G is getting the HyperOS upgrade: Find other rollout plan
- OnePlus 12 Pre-booking starts in Nepal: Find Specs and Price
- Apple iOS 17.4 beta 4 launched with a vital battery feature
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years