May 27, 2014: Ncell the private telco that recently brought free Wikipedia browsing from their network, has launched another similar campaign called Twitter zero. Like Wikipedia zero, Ncell customers can now browse the micro blogging network Twitter on free of charge. Ncell customers are able to send or read tweets, follow people and see other followers from Mobile phone and computer without data charges.
The free browsing of Twitter is only available on m.twitter.com or from the official Twitter app on your phone, whereas browsing from opera mini and proxy browser is known to attract prevailing data rates. The offer is launched from today (May 27, 2014) and will remain into effect for three months.
But there will be data charges (of prevailing tariff) for the multimedia files and external links within the tweets.
As the concept of free basic internet is getting more and more popular, it seems the basic internet ( of some minimal data rates) will be free in the near future. This sort of campaign really helps to fill in the knowledge gap among public, making a well educated and IT friendly society.
What more we can expect next? What about Facebook to be free on Ncell? Everybody is likely to click the external link, from where they get the money. Still a nice contribution to the society. Thanks to Ncell.
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, service now operational 24-hours
- “Dumb phones” make a comeback as people are sick of smartphones
- The government fixes the cost for the basic TV package in Nepal, 8 channel bouquet lists
- Apple strictly warns users not to sleep alongside their iPhones while they are charging
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Launched Officially | Find Price and Specs
- Xiaomi smartphone shipments fell by 15.8% while revenue also declined in Q2, 2023
- Xiaomi Brings “Sure-Shot September Mela” | Win Gifts on Purchase of Redmi Smartphones