Tele-density is one of the metrics to measure the telecommunication development in the country. The metric has come a long way from the mere 4 to 5 percent in 2005/ 2006 to 60 percent in 2012, which shows the massive distribution among Nepalese population. That is quite impossible without the expansion of the mobile networks through out the country. Teledensity is the percentage of people that have access to any means of telephone in average. It includes landline or mobile phones or WLL or any satellite phone.
As per the latest MIS data of 2016 March, the tele-density in Nepal is around 113 percentage. To measure the development of mobile telephones in the country, mobile penetration comes into play. The mobile penetration has crossed 100 percent mark, the no of mobile distributed surpassed the population of the country .
The value of 106 percent does not necessarily mean the no of people with mobile is greater than the population. The reason is due to dual SIM handsets, unused SIM cards from people gone abroad and one person carrying both SIM cards.
It is a big achievement for the rapid development of mobile network in our country. The result is actually the outcome of neck to neck competition between two major operators Ntc and Ncell to get bigger market share and revenue. For which they are opening up new cell towers in various locations. The mobile handsets, the SIM card itself and the tariff is now affordable to people of different economy level. It has become an integral part of our life. So we use it every time to communicate with people anywhere from the traditional voice call or the OTT applications like Facebook, Viber, Skype, Whatsapp.
- Sangita Pahadi Appointed as Acting MD of Nepal Telecom
- Ntc Starts Mobile Service in Tinkar, Northwest Border Area Near China
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs