Samsung Nepal has launched Galaxy S8 and S8 plus in Nepal, on Wednesday. There was a special function organized in Yak and Yeti Hotel for the launch. The phones will be available for sales after Baishak 22 (May 5). The phones are also available for Pre-booking after the launch.
As speculated, the phones S8 and S8 plus are priced at Rs 88,900 and Rs 98,900. The price is in line with the first price of S7 and S7 Edge. S8 has a 5.8-inch display whereas S8 plus has a 6.2-inch infinity display. The infinity display will cover most of the device front, that is less bezel. That is why they have shifted the fingerprint scanner to the back, near to the camera.
The phones are IP68 Water and dust resistant. The only difference between S8 and S8 plus is the screen size and the battery size. S8 has got 3000 mAh battery whereas S8 plus has 3500 mAh. The phones have got 4 GB of RAM, which is told to be quite low in the competition.
You can pre-order the phones from their new website till 2nd May 2017. With the pre-order, you can get Samsung level box slim free, along with the phone. Easy EMI (monthly installment) is also available for the phones, from Laxmi Bank. Mega Bank, Nabil bank and NIC Asia. You need to visit their stores for more information. You can even get breakage insurance, valid for six months from Shikhar insurance. Samsung has also partnered with Ncell for providing some free data package to the S8 buyers. Ncell will provide 8 GB data package, 1 GB per month for 8 months to the S8 buyers. The package is made free for any Ncell number, new or old, that the S8 owner has.
The Galaxy S8 will be offered in two colors, Maple Gold and Midnight Black, while the Galaxy S8+ will get Maple Gold, Midnight Black, and Coral Blue variants. An earphone, the micro USB connector is also included in the Galaxy S8 box.
Samsung S8 supports all major LTE frequencies including LTE band 3 of Nepal Telecom. The phone is UE category 16 which can go to the speed of Gigabit LTE.
Specifications of S8 and S8 plus:
- 5.8 and 6.2-inch QHD Super AMOLED screen. 570 PPI
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB Memory
- 3000 mAH (S8) and 3500 mAH (s8 plus0.
- 12 MP single rear camera and 8 MP front camera
- LTE UE category 16 ( Gigabit LTE)
- Dual SIM + Hybrid in Nepal
- 1.9GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor in Nepal
- Iris Scanner
- IP68 Water and dust resistant
- Android 7.0
- Bixby Digital Assistant (not available at first launch)
- Price: Rs 88,900 and Rs 98,900
Please tell us how you feel about the phone and Are you going to buy it??
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million
- Mero Job App Revamped: Your Next Job Is Just a Few Taps Away
- Axiata to exit from Ncell, puts 80% shares up for sale
- These Xiaomi/Redmi smartphones will get HyperOS update in December
- Samsung revolutionizing upcoming phones with Galaxy AI- A comprehensive AI package
- Google Message Gets Ultra HDR Image Support via RCS Chats