Ncell had announced to offer daily 50 free SMS to its customers, to assure basic communication in recent flood disaster. As known, people have used Ncell’s free SMS for more than 1 crore and 66 lakhs times. The data is as per the disaster period from Sunday till Tuesday.
Earlier the regulator, Nepal Telecommunication Authority had directed to provide free SMS to their customers in 23 flood and landslide affected districts. Following which, Ncell has provided daily 50 free SMS to its customers for 3 days, to help for basic communication and rescue, relief works.
Apart from that, Ncell also provided free balance transfer to its customers. Ncell also increased their sapati loan amount to Rs 60. And Ncell provided free emergency contact number 9008, for help relay information about people whereabouts and message to their relatives. Also read: Ncell disaster relief for flood victims.
Ncell Alert SMS for early warning of disaster
Ncell also sent lots of warning SMS to their customers in flood disaster areas. They have collaborated with Department of hydrology and meteorology to send early warning/ alert SMS to help people save their and families life and property where there is high risk of disaster. As known, Ncell sent 60 lakhs of such Alert SMS sent to the people living in those areas. The alert SMS was based on the level of water in the rivers, level of risk from flood & landslides. Previously, there was an agreement between Department of hydrology and Meterology (DHM) and Ncell to send such DHM approved messages in a bulk to the people in disaster prone areas.
Restoration of Ncell mobile network in flood affected areas
Flood, landslide affected Ncell mobile network due to water leakage, transmission link failure and no electricity. Ncell says, they are successful in restoring 97 percent of BTS tower and provide mobile network to the people. Their continuous effort and reduction of the water level in the affected areas made them restore the network successfully.
- Nepal Telecom to provide 30 days free internet trial service via fiber for voice users
- realme C53 New 6/128GB Variant Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Redmi 13C with 90Hz Display & 50MP Triple Camera Launched
- Ncell Lists “Facts” Regarding The Axiata-Spectrlite UK Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra: Leaks, rumors, images, specs, and all we know so far
- Daraz Shopping Milestone: 4.70 Lakh Customers Served In A Single Day During 11.11 Sale, 75% Enjoyed Free Delivery
- Spectrlite UK Buys Axiata’s Ncell Shares for $50 Million