Nepal Telecom held its 10th Annual General meeting (AGM) today (Poush 30, 2074) in Kathmandu. Ntc AGM decides for Rs 55 per share dividend for the year 2073/74 and change in company’s regulation. For the assembly, more than 91 percent shareholders were present in Army Officers club.
The general assembly also discussed on the company’s balance sheet of FY 2073/ 74 and approves unanimously. Ntc AGM also assigns CA Subodh Kumar Karna and Achyut Raj Joshi as the Auditor of the company’s account for the year 2074/75.
Ntc Chairman and MOIC secretary Kedar Bahadur Adhikari presented the 10th annual report of the company in the meeting. Along with the report, he mentioned of the company’s effort in developing telecommunication sector of the country. And the success of the company in rapid growth of subscriber base and the profit earning for the last year. He assured the assembly of the strengthening company’s position and achieving commercial success through expansion of services in both quantity and quality.
The company now has 17.6 million subscribers in all of their services. Ntc also achieved 15 billion 370 million NRs profit in the last fiscal year.
Works done in last year
Some of the works by Ntc during last year are:
- 17.23 percent increase in customer.
- expansion of services to rural areas.
- Decrease the digital divide of the country.
- Introduction of 4G LTE service.
- Tender call for 4G LTE for expansion in all areas (under evaluation)
- TDM migration of PSTN lines
- Attempt for ADSL on demand.
He also mentioned some of the issues to address recently as:
- Smooth 4G roll-out in all parts of the country.
- Change in procurement procedure in the company.
- Strategic partner and the consultant report for global call.
- Optical fiber link expansion
Company head even addressed several issues raised by shareholders. He said company will move ahead with competitive and business oriented mind set to tackle the challenges. Different projects and new technologies in Ntc will help to increase the worth of the company’s share.
As known, Shareholders will get the dividend of the company from Magh 2.
- realme 11x 5G Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs
- Cross-Border Payment Between Nepal and India Commences
- Nepal Telecom begins fiber internet in 4 hilly districts
- All Highways will be connected with the mobile network, NTA forwards a plan
- Oppo A38 Officially Launched With Helio G85 Chipset | Find Price & Specs
- Classic Tech partners ZTE to improve its internet network
- Ncell Users Can Now Contact Hello Sarkar For Free, Service Operational 24×7