Supreme Court has approved the Government’s decision to sack Kamini Rajbhandari as NTC MD. Earlier Kamini Rajbhandari has moved to SC, filing a petition for reinstatement and stop the process for new MD appointment. Whereas SC rejected to issue Stay order request by Kamini Rajbhandari. Read below for the consequences of Supreme Court decision on Kamini Petition.
She filed the petition in Supreme court on Bhadra 1, 2075, requesting for reinstatement, as she blames politics for untimely removal. She also hinted some NT senior officials who were in the race for MD to lobby for the sacking. Appointed as NTC MD from open competition for three years, she took over the position for nearly two years.
On Sunday, single bench led by Justice Cholendra Samsher Ja.Ba.Ra denied Kamini’s petition to issue Stay order.
With the SC decision, Kamini’s claim for wrong decision by Government has been disapproved. Moving to the Supreme Court is the ultimate thing she could do to fight against her removal. Now that she did it and the result is against her favor, the whole chapter closes.
The government will now move forward with the process to appoint a new MD in the government-owned telecom company: Nepal Telecom (NTC) a.k.a Nepal Doorsanchar Company Ltd. We can expect the Vacancy for NTC MD position to announce soon with the procedure as before.
- Kamini files a petition against Government for reinstatement.
- Government sacks Kamini Rajbhandari as NTC MD, read the accusations for her.
- India finally allows Nepali visitors to get Indian SIM cards
- Government to implement investigation report on Axiata deal
- Samsung Galaxy A15 5G launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
- Bhupendra Bhandari appointed new NTA chairman for 5 years
- Ntc brings Democracy Day offer: For Martyrs family and Regular Users
- Nepal Telecom applies for a new GSM mobile service license
- Ultima Rock Bluetooth Speaker: An elite innovation on budget