Nepal Telecom (NTC) employee trade union demands of new MD appointment in their organization. Telecom Employees Association of Nepal (TEAN) draw the attention of MOCIT Minister by writing a letter.
They put their concern to Minister for the delay in the appointment of new MD in Ntc. The position was vacant after Government sacked Kamini Rajbhandari for nonsatisfying work. It has already been one month long since the sacking.
Due to the vacant position in the Managerial Director (MD) of Ntc, various telecom projects like FTTH expansion and 4G LTE expansion are on hold. The union claims that the current ad-hoc management is not serious about the growth of the customer base and the company as a whole. They say various works for the service expansion and employees growth are also not done citing the MD unavailability.
They say there is a huge urgency in making key decisions for the progress of the company. So the union demands of following previous MD appointment directives to appoint competent MD at the earliest. The competition is very tough with private operators taking a leap in the technology and service expansion. Whereas Ntc has not performed as per the competitive market due to various hindrance like the absence of MD for a long time.
The NTC union expresses their doubt if the government is serious about the progress of the company and employees. So they warn of agitation if the government does not start MD appointment process immediately as per their demand.
Currently, Senior most DMD and erstwhile CFO Mr. Surya Bhakta Pokharel is functioning as acting MD of the company. Although he has got all the authority to function as the MD, various key decisions are not likely to happen in this transition period.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max is the most popular smartphone in first half of 2023!
- Mobile service launched in Gosaikunda with Nepal Telecom’s VSAT technology
- WorldLink and Dish Home to screen Asia Cup 2023 cricket live for free
- Vivo Y02t Launched With Helio P35 SoC in Nepal | Price, Specs
- How to watch the Asia Cup 2023 live in Nepal? Also find fixtures with Nepali time, squad, venue, and more
- Ncell CEO Jabbor Kayumov calls on the youth to be passionate and dream big
- WorldLink wins “Organizational Sales Excellence Award 2023”