Khalti, one of the popular payment service provider expands its online water bill payment to all seven provinces of Nepal. Now they support 83 water supply committees of 26 districts in all provinces.
Khalti gradually increased the no of counters to support the online Khanepani bill payment. So people in those places need not visit the counters for the water utility bill payment.
To pay the bill from Khalti, you need
- to visit their app or website,
- then go to Khanepani section,
- select the counter of yours and
- enter the customer identification code to pay the water bills.
It only takes a minute of your precious time, also easy for the non-digital friendly people. Some people who do not use such apps, can pay the bills from Khalti pasal.
Such payments are much more efficient than the counter based payment, and saves people’s time and money every month.Following the expansion, Sachin Udas, the Merchant Acquisition head said, “Since its inception, Khalti has been continuously working to simplify people’s lives through digital payment technology. We are excited to expand water bill payment services to all seven provinces of Nepal. Currently, we have enabled online payment for water bill at altogether 113 water supply committees in 38 districts. Our goal is to extend the convenience of paying bills digitally at all drinking water distribution committees and consumer groups across the nation in 77 districts. We will work tirelessly until we reach this goal.”
People have started to adopt the digital ways of payment and the number has gone quite big these days. It is due to the proliferation of smartphones and expansion of broadband to more remote areas. As per NTA data, 72% of Nepali people can access to broadband which is quite significant considering the difficult terrain of the country.
Similarly, there is an increase in the usage of digital banking as well. NRB data shows 1 crore people have the mobile banking feature activated while 10 lakhs people use internet banking. Find the top digital payment providers in Nepal.
With such positive development in the digital banking usage, Khalti has expanded the Water bill payment to 7 provinces which facilitates the people’s demand for such convenient service to more areas. Similarly, the increment of threshold for the wallet payment has also come in the favor of promoting such digital payments.
Having started the new payment solution in Nepal from January, 2017, Khalti has grown itself with the addition of several services. Some of the services are utility bill payment, mobile recharge, DTH recharge, movie ticketing, domestic flight booking, event ticketing, hotel booking and many more. Khalti holds the license of the payment service provider from Nepal Rastra Bank and has around 10 lakh regular customers.
- Daraz Dashain Dhamaka: Win Voucher Worth Rs 1 Lakh, 70% Discount on Products, More
- realme C53 With 108MP Ultra Clear Camera Launching Soon in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo V29 5G Available For Pre-booking in Nepal | Price and Specs
- WorldLink launches AI Chatbot to address customer Services
- Ncell Brings Always on Data Pack, Instagram Added in Social Media Packs
- Case Filed Against NTC MD, Government Secretary in National Payment Gateway Corruption
- realme C51 With 33W SUPERVOOC Charge Launching Soon in Nepal