Nepal Telecom, the national telecommunication service provider of Nepal, has initiated the e-Shiksha Package with the objective to help people conduct online classes of schools and universities during the lockdown period. During the COVID-19 pandemic, online learning can help maintain social distancing and then reduce the transmission of CoronaVirus.
Nepal Telecom has launched these special e-learning packages to provide data services at a very affordable rate considering the difficult time. To use this package, the concerned educational institution shall provide the mobile number to the company. Nepal Telecom (NTC) initiated this service based on the request received from various universities and schools of the country. They had also consulted with government agencies to bring this initiative.
What’s in the e-Shiksha package?
Under this special package, users can buy 6GB data for Rs 260 along with 15 GB data for just Rs 500. Once bought, these packages will be valid for 28 days. The data obtained under 6 GB package has two-time slots. So, you can use the 3GB data out of 6 GB for 12 hours (period 5 am to 5 pm). Before the 3GB could be used for 5 hours morning (period 5 am to 10 am). While the remaining 3 GB data can be used anytime.
Similarly, the 15GB data which can be bought for Rs 500 can be also used for 28 days. Like the previous pack, this data package also has 6GB data to use for the period 5 am to 5 pm whereas you can use the rest 9 GB at any time of the day.
Both the packages are meant for data service with GSM mobile which has 2G, 3G, and 4G networks. As the data volume is huge, we suggest you use 4G and 3G networks based on the availability of network in your place.
|S.N.||Ntc eshikshya package||Price||5 am to 5 pm||All time data||Validity|
|1||6GB data||Rs 260||3 GB||3 GB||28 days|
|2||15GB data||Rs 500||6 GB||9 GB||28 days|
The price is inclusive of government taxes. Find all of the data packages in Nepal Telecom.
How to get the e-learning pack for students?
The company will provide the above service to the students and teachers based on the request sent to the Ntc email-address by the school and universities. This package is said to be provided under a much cheaper price compared to the regular price.
So, schools and universities that are interested in providing those packages, need to send a list of the mobile phones and the data plan to Ntc email address (which you can get after consulting Nepal Telecom).
The process to get the offer
If you are a student or academic staff (teacher) thinking of getting the packages, you need to ask your institutions to contact Nepal Telecom with the steps below.
- The institution needs to make an official letter requesting the data package to their students and academic staffs. The request shall also include the Nepal Telecom mobile number and Name.
- Then they need to send the request to Ntc email address [email protected].
- Ntc requests to use official email address of the insitution to avoid any confusion and prompt response.
- You can check the usage of data balance from *1415*55#. Find other methods to check data balance.
- The educational institute can also pay for the eshikshya package by depositing the required amount on one of the postpaid number of the institution. You can use any digital payments, topup methods in Ntc. Then you need to inform the payment information to Ntc through the same email address above.
- After the confirmation, the assigned number will get SMS from 1422 and you can subscribe to those packages as many times as you want.
Activate the package on your phone
After this, Ntc will send an SMS to those numbers with the ability to subscribe to the package by dialing *1441# for the package. After receiving the SMS, one can dial *1441# from the same number and purchase one of the two packages.
Earlier Ntc brought stay connected data and voice offers that are still available to buy.
This e-learning or online learning data package is expected to help teachers and students to conduct and participate in the online classes. It also assists them in downloading and exchanging education materials using various apps and software used for online learning.
Similarly, there is an another eLearning package by Nepal Telecom called the Happy learning pack which has higher data volume to use for 28 days.
This is a very good initiative taken by Nepal Telecom especially under this circumstance since it will help on a steady on-going curriculum for students all over the country.
Tell us what do you think of the Nepal Telecom e-shikshya package in the comment box below.
- Smartphone market declines ahead of Dashain, no effect of holiday season!
- CG Net brings Dashain Offer 2080, 3x internet speed, cashback, discount on CG Smart TV
- The Art of Gunplay: Master Aiming and Shooting in Fortnite
- Top 12 Startup, Rising Star Innovation and Product announced in the ICT Award 2023
- Oppo A58 With Helio G85 4G SoC Launched in Nepal | Price, Specs
- Vivo Y17s Launched Officially in Nepal | Find Price & Specs
- realme 11x 5G Launched in Nepal | Find Price and Specs