Just in, eSewa, a leading Digital Payment Service Provider in Nepal, And Viber have agreed on a partnership which is announced on Dec 16, 2020. With eSewa and Viber partnership, you can send money or recharge your mobile from the Viber app itself. But the question remains if we can call it the start of Viber Payments here in Nepal.
eSewa is the first and most popular digital wallet in Nepal whereas Viber is also one of the most popular messaging/OTT calling app here. The agreement between the two giants (but with different digital motive) is quite noteworthy and brings a new payment solution to Nepal. Such an alliance helps both platforms eSewa and Viber to expand more in Nepal.
Check out: eSewa Partnership with Daraz For Digital Payment.
eSewa has gained much fame and has been successful favorites to the vast majority of Nepalese. Therefore, eSewa subscribers crossed 20 Lakhs and Merchants reached 25 Thousand. Actually the number is quite high for both the eSewa app users and the Merchant accounts.
eSewa And Viber Partnership
In the Virtual Announcement program for the eSewa and Viber Partnership, eSewa’s Chief Operating Officer Mr. Roshan Lamichane, and Raukaten Viber’s Chief Growth Officer Ms. Anna Znamenskaya expressed their views. They say this is one of a peculiar partnership in the whole Asia Pacific region.
With this partnership, users will be able to send money from the Viber app itself. The messaging app Viber will also add the money transfer and topup service for all the people in Nepal using eSewa.
The money transfer and top-up service are similar to the services available in messaging apps like WeChat.
Find the Top Digital Wallets in Nepal.
How to Transfer Money in Nepal using Viber?
To perform a money transfer and recharge/top-up using the Viber app, you need to follow the steps below for connecting your Viber and eSewa accounts.
- First Go to Viber Chat and Select a friend for the money transfer.
- Tap on GIF and select eSewa
- Then register your eSewa Service within Viber.
- It prompts you to collect your phone number to complete the action and click share number.
- Once the number is shared, you can link your eSewa account with Viber.
- If you already have an eSewa account, you can link it or create a new account for this.
- Enter your eSewa ID and Password to link. Then after some time, your Viber and eSewa will be linked.
- Now you can send money to Viber contacts (friends and family) using the balance in eSewa.
- Then you can start sending money or top up within the same GIF option.
Afterward connecting both accounts, Viber users will be eligible to transfer money directly to another mobile number as well as recharge mobiles. Do Read methods for Ntc Balance transfer.
Similarly, Viber released a new chatbot for payment that will act as the key feature of existing messaging systems to mark its decade of launched service. Furthermore, Viber has announced that it is now expanding its services to Fintech. Not to forget to mention that earlier Viber started using its platform to purchase goods and pay for services.
eSewa and Viber Partnership is not just beneficial for both parties but also for all Nepalese. Viber users in Nepal are large in number, which motivates them to introduce such new payment services.
The inclusion of this money transfer in Viber is very helpful to the users. Furthermore, it will help users to recharge their mobile numbers and may include other payments later. Is not it convenient and useful?
We can expect more services to come with this partnership. This will open up more payment options like paying for different merchants or companies via their Viber Chat bot.
Check out: Nepal Telecom Digital Payment Service
For now, they have only included Peer to Peer money transfer and mobile top-up. But in the future, they are to provide more payment services with this partnership. Here are the Future payment services that could be integrated into Viber using eSewa.
- Viber Chatbot payment
- Utility payments
- Payment for Small business (No need for big technical expertise and investment)
Along with the partnership, we have also explained the method for How to transfer money in Nepal from Viber. So, What do you think about this eSewa and Viber Partnership? Let’s us know about opinion and thoughts in the comment box down below.
- Internet price war is a risk to ISPs’ investment- NTA Chair Bhandari
- MediaTek Helio G91 launched for budget smartphones
- Ncell, e& international to deliver superior digital services
- Vianet wins ‘Broadband Telecom Company of the Year’ in the Asian Telecom Awards 2024
- eSewa launches cross-border payment enabling Indian citizens to pay in Nepal: Find steps
- Khalti QR lets Indian tourists make payments in Nepal, How?
- Xiaomi 14 Launching Soon in Nepal | Find Price and Specs