NTC has finally added VoLTE support on Vivo smartphones. If you are a Vivo smartphone user and have been waiting for NTC’s VoLTE to arrive on your phone, now has. NTC, (Nepal Telecom) has also added their service to select Vivo smartphones. Find out those compatible devices, and also learn how to activate the service on NTC.
NTC’s VoLTE short for Voice over LTE is the 4G-based voice calling feature which provides high-quality calls. Upon activation, this next-gen communication standard allows phone users to make calls on 4G without falling back to 3G or 2G. Besides, they can also talk and browse the internet simultaneously which is not possible on the regular 4G network.
VoLTE was launched by NTC back last June with support to select devices. Gradually though, many devices including iPhones have received the feature via software updates. Still, many device owners are waiting for the service to arrive. For now, select Vivo devices have received the ability to utilize the VoLTE service.
Check out: Vivo Mobile Price in Nepal |Detailed Specs
NTC’s VoLTE Compatible Vivo Smartphones
Although the list is very small and covers just three devices, the telco has assured that it is working on making more devices compatible soon.
For VoLTE to work, phone makers need to roll out a software patch via OTA. This is why NTC had to reach out to Apple for this service. NTC is coordinating with various phone makers to do the same.
Key Requirements For VoLTE Compatibility
You have to meet certain requirements to enjoy VoLTE service on your phone. Below we have listed major conditions that you must ensure so that you could activate VoLTE and make HD audio/video calls.
- Your phone is updated to the latest firmware because that comes with the support to enable VoLTE on your device.
- VoLTE is based on 4G so it will only work on smartphones that support VoLTE functionality.
- Your SIM card must allow a 4G connection. If it doesn’t you can get it exchanged or buy a new SIM which will have no issue.
- If both conditions meet, activate 4G and then VoLTE by dialing *444#.
- To perform calls over VoLTE, your phone shall be on VoLTE which can be confirmed by the VoLTE/HD call icon on top of the mobile screen (near signal icon). For iPhone, you can confirm VoLTE activation with other ways, find here.
If you need to know why VoLTE is not working on your phone, you can refer to this link.
NTC’s VoLTE is compatible with a select few handsets this far. This includes smartphones from Samsung, Xiaomi, Nokia, iPhone, Vivo, and a few other brands. However, NTC is consistently adding more devices for this popular feature. We will keep you updated when more brands and devices earn the ability to activate VoLTE.
Check out: Top Features of VoLTE | Native Video Calls
Are you using NTC’s VoLTE feature on your phone? How has the voice quality been on it? Do share with us how you have felt in the comments below.
- Nepal Telecom launches FTTH Fiber internet in Rajpur, Dang
- Honor X8b Launched in Nepal | Price and Specifications
- rSIM Tech That Keeps a Backup of a SIM in Your SIM Card
- Samsung One UI 6.1 Brings Galaxy AI to More Galaxy Devices
- US telco AT&T restores network after huge nationwide outage
- Nepal Telecom to provide free WiFi at airports across Nepal
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launched: Expected Price in Nepal and Specs